U

Tuesday, April 2nd, 2024 4:45 PM

Closed

TVAPP-00102

Use a Westinghouse ROKU smart TV to access xfinity stream.  Had been set up in my office for years.  As of Monday, its giving me error code TVAPP-00102 and says "Something went wrong try again later."  Never had this problem.  I switched to an Amazon fire stick.  Xfinity stream says not connected to business wifi, but yet, it is connected to business wifi, per the settings on the Amazon stick.  I did a factory reset of the Roku TV, re-installed stream app, same problem.  I disconnected the router and re-started it.  Same problem.  I was on the phone with customer service for 1 hour.  The best they could do was say, "Xfinity stream does not work with smart TVs."  That was the dumbest answer I've ever heard, considering I use it on multiple smart TVs in my home and the xfinity website states the exact opposite.   

Really frustrating. This has worked for years, now all of sudden it decides to stop, and no one can explain why. 

1 Message

7 months ago

i am having same issues. Long time on xfinity support and no resolution. 

Official Employee

• 

2.2K Messages

Thanks for taking the time to reach out about the Xfinity Stream app, user_z2b1dm. I apologize that has been giving you trouble. We never want that and are happy to help! Are you also getting the error TVAPP-00102? Do you use a Roku TV or a Firestick? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

7 months ago

user_1mdx95 Thank you for reaching out on our Xfinity Community Forums. I apologize for the inconvenience you're experiencing. To ensure you're connected to the correct network, could you please forget the Wi-Fi network you're currently using? Afterward, perform a new search and make sure to connect to your network rather than a hotspot.

3 Messages

This did not work. I did a hard reset of the firestick, re-set it all back up, downloaded xfinity stream, and now it won't authorize, just like the Roku. So, now I can't login to either the firestick or the Roku with stream. 

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

7 months ago

user_1mdx95 Please check to make sure you are on your Wi-Fi network and not a hotspot. The hotspot network name is xfinitywifi.

3 Messages

I am connected to our business wifi.  Stream works on my office computer and ipad.  It doesn't work on Roku or firestick.  Won't let me get past the authorization screen.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

user_1mdx95 do you know how many total devices are in use? If you are away from home only 3 total devices can use the Xfinity Stream app simultaneously or be logged in to the app. This may not be causing the TVAPP-00102 error code, but it's worth considering. This article will confirm this and provide us with more information. https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/tv-app-overview

If this does not resolve the issue I would try to use the Xfinity Assistant to clear the error code. You can use this link to access the tool, or you can use the chat icon from the Xfinity app. Just type Troubleshoot Xfinity Stream and this tool can help clear the code and resolve the issue. https://www.xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here