J

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Friday, September 3rd, 2021 11:33 AM

Closed

Tvapp-00100 Error on Roku Express

I'm getting Tvapp-00100 Error on Roku Express. I'm able to use the streaming app on my other TV with Roku Streaming stick. Please advise. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Have roku on 3 tvs, still having same issue on all even after deleting app restarting rokus and reinstalling app, phone calls says they are aware and working on it will call back in an hour. After reading these posts I'm not holding my breathe and wondering if they plan to credit accounts for all these days as I know they will charge me to cancel contract because I still have time left on said contract

(edited)

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

3 years ago

+1 on this issue on Roku Premier+

Visitor

• 

14 Messages

3 years ago

Having same issue with all my ROKU Ultras.  Chatted with a Apoorv [Edited: "Personal Information"] who was useless - asked to be connect to advanced tech support and was told after 1/2 hour they were "closed" but I would get some response in 4 hours.  Not holding my breath - complaint filed with FCC as this is [Edited: "Language"] given how much I'm paying for this service.

(edited)

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@user_a2fd72 I had the same experience... three times

Official Employee

• 

923 Messages

Hi, @user_47e8b2, are you still noticing these issues after a recent update? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I have been dealing with this since I got back in town Sept 3. No tv. I’ve done a chat and she couldn’t tell me anything so she escalated it and I was supposed to get a call. The only call I received was from a rep wanting to know why I rated my chat as unsatisfactory.  I told them my situation and he has promised a call within 24 hours. I’ve done the same un install app, factory reset ROKU but still same error. I’ve tried multiple times a day since last Friday. This app is a joke and the value I receive for $150 is not worth it. My internet drops at least weekly. AT&T is running fiber to the neighborhood next to ours. I’m trying to make this last until it’s available. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

9/8/21

I am having the same issue as well. Rebooted my roku, uninstalled and reinstalled app. i get the error TVAPP 00100. No cable still. :(

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Same on my Roku TVs... 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Experiencing same error (tvapp-00100) with the xfinity app. Have tried removing app; unplugging power sources for modem, tv, and Roku; removed and redos loaded app. Any luck with any solutions?

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Hello @user_d7f812, thank you for reaching out to us for help with your Xfinity Stream App. On Thursday, September 9, Roku expected to deploy new certificates to impacted devices, which should have resolved this issue. If you are still having issues with this error, please use the chat icon in the upper right to enter Direct Messaging. From there, go ahead and compose a new message to "Xfinity Support" and send us a message with your name and address. 

Here are the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "direct messaging" icon (upper right corner of this page)

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message

Please let me know if you have any questions or run into any problems. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

My wife was just on the phone with them and some rep there denied there was a problem and said my roku wasn't working properly.   It was just a coincidence that both of them broke at the same time?   Yet the other services on the roku work perfectly.    This company is not run properly.   To release thoroughly untested software is unconcionable.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@gvbjr I have the same problem in Illinois.......was on the phone with them for 4 hours on sept 4th tried everything that everyone else has tried.  They are soppose to get back to me........haven't heard a word.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Hello @gvbjr, thank you for taking the time to reach out to us on our Community forums. This is far from the experience we want you and your wife to have. I myself watch cable through the Stream beta application on my Rokus too. On Wednesday 9/8/21 there was an issue on Roku's side causing this problem. Are you still having issues with your Roku?

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Same issues as above on a Roku Premier+. Started September 5th and haven't been able to use the app since (now September 8th). I've reset the router, un-installed and reinstalled the app cleared my cache and nothing has worked. Keeps asking me to enter the code at xfinity.com/authorize and when I do, I get the same error message (Error: TVAPP-00100) everytime.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Same problem here as well on Roku.. Stopped working 5 days ago.

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

Hey there, I wanted to follow up, I see most in the thread saying their issue was automatically resolved, how about yours?

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I am getting this same error now too. Until a few days ago xfirinty stream was workingo n four roku sticks in my home.  Our plan has unlimited devices.  Now two of our Rokus repeatedly give me this error code. The other two teams go through the entire log in/authentication process every time we open the app on the other two televisions.

Something changed in the last week wtih Xfinity streaming app. All other apps are working fully on all Rokus.  

I have removed, rebooted, reset, reloaded endless times. Nothing works. 

How do I get Comcast to respond to me on this? When I called I was told it is an outage being repaired. Now I received a text saying service is restored, but xfinity app still doesn't work correctly on our roku televisions.

Visitor

• 

14 Messages

@user_c00574 

I spoke to someone in advanced tech support and he said there is an issue with the Xfinity apps certificate - it expired Sept 1 - and they are expecting to get the new cert loaded on Sept 9.  It's clearly an Xfinity issue and what more frustrating is how poorly they are communicating with customers

Contributor

• 

40 Messages

This makes sense since the new app did work on my problem device until I had to reregister it for some reason. Yours is the first mention of it being a potential certificate problem. However, I work in IT and 9 days to deal with a certificate issue seems excessive.

Problem Solver

• 

1.1K Messages

Hello there! I wanted to follow up as promised. Are you still having issues with the app? 

I no longer work for Comcast.

Official Employee

• 

889 Messages

@user_c00574

Thank you for your continued patience. Roku has rolled out an update to fix the expired certificates. Are you able to stream again?

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I'm having the same issue. Wife is glaring at me because she can't watch her precious houswives. What is Xfinity's plan to fix this?

Problem Solver

• 

908 Messages

@user_004411

And everyone else experiencing this issue: Thanks for taking the time to comment about this issue on our Xfinity Community Forum. We know that stream app trouble can be frustrating, especially if this is how you primarily watch TV.

Error TVAPP-00100 happens when your Xfinity Stream app has been logged into too many times without the information being cleared from the previous sign-ins. Our Advanced Care Team will be able to clear the active sessions on the back end.

If any of you do not currently have tickets open with our Advanced Care Team, please let us know so we can assist you with opening a ticket. 

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Almost midnight on 9/8 EST and the problem is still not resolved. Unfortunately I spent an hour with Comcast troubleshooting before stumbling onto this forum. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I have the same issue on my roku in Denver.  The app works on my fire stick but not on my roku.  Hopefully this is fixed soon!  

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

Just saw this response from a Comcast staff on another forum:

Thank you so much for your post on our Community Subreddit for help with your issues using the Xfinity Stream app on your Roku! Our customers using the Xfinity Stream app and Xfinity Stream app Beta using the Roku device to stream have been reporting a few issues using the app. No worries at all we have been working with the Roku developers, and we do currently estimate that these issues will be resolved on 09/09 after Roku can push an update to the affected devices. Once that update from Roku is completed we expect all the errors with playback and accessing content to be resolved. We do appreciate your patience while our engineers work with the Roku app developers to get this resolved!"

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here