U

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

Saturday, October 7th, 2023 8:33 PM

Closed

TVAPP 000165

We have one TV on a cable box and subscribe to a Comcast cable package.  We stream three other TVs.  Now on one TV we are told we need to sign on and when we do we get the TVA PP 00165 error message.  Tried to get help on Comcast website and end up with an automated chat service that hasn’t a clue what I am asking.  How do I resolve this error message and log on?

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

1 year ago

Hello, @user_1c15c4. Thanks for posting on our community forums for assistance with your Xfinity Stream App error code. Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app on that TV? What kind of Smart TV is it? 

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

It is a Samsung TV.  It has streamed Comcast fine for two years until now. We have three and on two Comcast streaming, fingers crossed, is still working fine. We installed no software.  It is whatever came with the Samsung TV.  If I had to guess the problem is on your end.  Something in your system is not recognizing this TV as being part of a Comcast cable package.

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

1 year ago

Thanks for your response, @user_1c15c4. Did you try uninstalling and reinstalling the app already? Did that help? We also recommend you check your TV's Software upgrade to make sure it's up-to-date and restart the device as well. This can help refresh the connection overall. Some Samsung TVs do have a minimum software version required for the Streaming App to function properly. Here's a list for your convenience: 

The Xfinity Stream app is available on the following Samsung Smart TVs:

• 2023 TVs.
  • 2022 TVs.
  • 2021 TVs.
  • 2020 TVs (no minimum software version) All QLED and UHD Models.
  • 2019 TVs (no minimum software version).
  • 2018 TVs with minimum software version T-KTM2AKUC 1131.9.
  • 2018 TVs with minimum software version T-KTM2LAKUC 1131.9.
  • 2018 TVs with minimum software version T-KTSUAKUC.
  • 2018 TVs with minimum software version T-KTSNAKUC 1131.9.

Let me know if that helps at all. 

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

We have 4 Samsung TVs all installed new in May 2021.  One is on the cable box.  The other three we have been streaming since May 2021 with no problem until now.  Now one asks us to log in and we get the error message.  Later today I will try updating the software and let you know tomorrow.  The one  that gets in the error message is in a detached garage exercise room on a separate WiFi booster.  My concern is your security does not recognize it as being backed by a cable package.

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

Also I am having trouble writing responses to you.  Your website is not allowing me to write in the reply box.  If I paste the response in, when I hit post the message disappears.  First on my computer so I switched to my iPhone which then stopped accepting my messages so now I am using an iPad as long as it keeps working.  If you don’t hear back from me in the future, it will be because you website is not allowing me to respond.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

@user_1c15c4  Thank you for the update. As long as your TV in the exercise room has a strong Wi-Fi connection to your network you should be able to get your cable channels. As for the issue with responding if you continue to have issues responding to this post please go ahead and start a new one but make sure to reference this conversation, so we have a full picture of the situation. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

Checked for software update.  Says it has version 2501 and won’t let me update it.  I checked another Samsung we stream on and it also has version 2501  and says no further update’s available.

There appears to be no option for me to uninstall and reinstall the software.

Garage Wi-Fi is strong. There a CAT5 cable run out there with a Wi-Fi router.  And the garage exercise Rm as a booster.

I am out today but I will try again to sign on to xFinity either later today or tomorrow just in case it decides to start working.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

@user_1c15c4, Thank you for getting back to us. I would recommend checking with Samsung about the update. We are happy to run through any troubleshooting steps with you as well. Let us know when you have some time to do that. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here