U

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

Thursday, December 2nd, 2021 2:58 AM

Closed

This video cannot be played. Error TVAPP-00281

https://www.xfinity.com/stream/live/....

Again I cannot watch anything on my PC using xfinity stream with either Chrome or Microsoft Edge to watch live TV.  This is a problem that keeps occuring.  Calling support is a waste of time. They will reset my equipment and it never fixes the issue.  The problem is not on my side.  I have cleared my cache, rebooted, etc.    Interesting though, I can watch something on demand.

This was never a problem in the past, or very rarely.  It's been very problematic over that last few month.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

3 years ago

Hello @user_4c5a68! Thanks so much for taking a moment out of your day to leave a post on our community forum! I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with your service, but you have definitely come to the right place for assistance! If you could send our team a private message with your full name, the name listed on the account (if different), and the service address associated with your account, I'd be more than happy to look into this for you!

To send a Private Message, please click on the chat icon in the top-right corner of the screen, next to the bell icon, and then type or select "Xfinity Support" to initiate a live chat.

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

3 years ago

Watching on my 2nd monitor, I use to stream xfinity through chrome all the time.  The last 3+ months, it's been hit or miss.  Calling support is a joke. They will just reset all my equipment which doesn't fix the problem.  TV is fine.  App is fine.  It is only when using a browser on my PC.  Logging in and I see all the channels, however there is no preview picture. 

Interesting though, if I started an on-demand stream before, I can click on it and continue to watch that program with no problems.  Everything else including live TV and it will get an error trying to load (TVAPP-00281).  Makes me think that when I go to click on something new, it doesn't know how to link properly to the streaming channel.

For the record, this pc is directly plugged into the xfinity cable modem.  Clearing cache, data and browser settings doesn't fix it nor does trying a different browser.  And like I said, eventually it will just start working again without doing anything.

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled Xfinity streaming on PC with browser (TVAPP-00281)

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

3 years ago

Had the problem again earlier, now it works..  go figure.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

@user_4c5a68, I am so glad to hear things are working once again for you! We received your Peer to Peer chat (private) messages, but will leave things as they stand if it is now resolved. May I ask what took place for things to start working well?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I’m having the same problem. The menu appears in my Tv via Roku device, and I get an error “The Video cannot be played” no matter what I try to watch. It works in every other TV in the house, and I even switched to a different Roku device.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

@user_81feb1 I would be happy to review your account and see if we can get to the root of this issue with you. To get started, could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address?

To send a "Peer to peer" message:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send it

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

For the last 4 days I've been getting "Error TVAPP-00281" while streaming on my laptop. It's not on every channel, and there seems to be no rhyme or reason as to which channels are affected. I've tried switching browsers, deleting cookies & cache, rebooting the laptop, rebooting the modem, all to no avail :( I pay a lot of money for this service, and am getting very frustrated by the lack of support

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

3 years ago

I am experiencing (Error TVAPP-00281) streaming also. xfinity FIX PLEASE!

Contributor

• 

17 Messages

Hello @Jose_Canusee. We would like to assist you with your inquiry. Please send us a private message so we can get more information from you to look into this.
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon (upper right corner of this page)
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send your message

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I am also getting Error TVAPP-00281 streaming on some channels.  Don't believe that it is a hardware issue.  Device hard wired to modem using Windows 7 is the problem device.  Android smart devices using WiFi are also fine.  Comcast/Xfinity tech support have no clue.  They are sending me a new modem as a shot in the dark.  We will see. 

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

@user_d09f80 Thank you for these details with your experience. I'm glad to hear you are getting a new modem. I would like to be able to follow up with you, and make that resolved the issue. Do you know if the replacement modem was being sent overnight or ground? 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here