U

Wednesday, August 9th, 2023 3:40 AM

Closed

TCM channel vanished - TV and app

I have been enjoying the TCM channel through my Sports and entertainment package. However, on Monday the TCM tv channel 33100 disappeared and so did support for the app. I can’t authenticate my account for iPhone, iPad or fire tv cube. The message is just you no longer have this service. 
I contacted Xfinity support staff and they said it’s TCM. I contacted TCM and they told to me check my account. 
Does anyway have any recommendations? 
I tried resetting, turning off and on, deleting my app. 
Turner Classic Movies channel is having trouble with authentication of accounts?

Accepted Solution

5 Messages

1 year ago

So, after many weeks of back and forth with tech experts and engineers the answer for the missing TCM channel is 

“TCM has been removed in your area.”

I was not told they were going to remove the channel I pay for or do they know what areas that the TCM channel being removed from. My neighbor still gets the TCM channel.

Official Employee

• 

946 Messages

1 year ago

Good Evening @user_5e919e thank you for taking the time to reach us regarding these questions with TCM.  You mentioned "the app" Are you referring to Xfinity Stream or the Watch TCM App? Have you downloaded this exclusive app before?  We can research your account to verify that TCM is still active. I was able to find an FAQ  that goes over the  in detail.

5 Messages

I just noticed that TCM was removed from my service even though I pay for it as part of the sports entertainment package. It now says I have to subscribe to it! Since this package also includes Bally Sports North which currently has no contract for next season what am I paying for. My Xfinity bill also increased this month by $45 without any explanation. All my calls to xfinity have been a waste of time sine we only get a chat Bot that can’t answer anything!! 

5 Messages

1 year ago

Hello XfinityAlfonso,

I was using the Xfinity stream app and the TCM app. Both the TCM channel on Xfinity stream app and TCM app were working last week. But this week the message is : “This network is not included in your current Xfinity TV service.“ 

but it is….

I contacted Xfinity chat support the other day and got this message:

“my supervisor here, and I have received the information that we are currently having a maintenance of several channels, hence you are facing this issue, Please allow us 24-48 hours and we promise it will be resolved

[Edited: personal information]

Is the reference number.”

Nothing happened. 

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Thank you for those details, @user_5e919e! I'd like to look into this further for you. Could you please send our team a direct message?

To send a direct message:

• Ensure you are first signed in, then you will see a chat box icon at the top right of your page. Click that or follow this link here: https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging
  • From there, click the 'New Message' icon. In the 'To' field, type 'Xfinity Support'.
  • Type your message in the text area that appears at the bottom of the window and hit enter to send. An official employee, such as myself or whoever is first available, will respond.

To expedite your request, we ask that you please include your name and the service address alongside a detailed summary of your request/question. Thank you!

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Regular Visitor

• 

9 Messages

where has TCM been pulled from? What areas/zip codes? it would be nice to know this info.

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

Hello, @Cass2201. Thanks for your comment. The best way to check if it is available would be by visiting our Channel Lineup page online. You can add the service address and review our lineups there. I hope this helps. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here