U

Sunday, June 23rd, 2024 6:27 PM

Streamsaver activation issues with Netflix

I purchased the Streamsaver package.  I activated Peacock and Apple+ via the activation link with no issues.  The Netflix link states that I am not eligible.  I've attempted to activate this via multiple devices over the past three days.   I only subscribe to Xfinity internet (no X1 box or tv subscription) AND already have a pre-existing Netflix account where the billing cycle ends on the 28th of the month.  What are my next steps?

Official Employee

• 

2K Messages

3 months ago

user_9xesvq 

Hi there! Our awesome digital care team would be happy to assist you. Can you initiate a direct message and start with your full name and address? To start a direct message, you must be signed in. Please click the "Direct Messaging" icon in the top right of the page next to the bell, and send your message to "Xfinity Support". Talk to you there!

2 Messages

3 months ago

Through Direct Messaging, I was instructed to cancel my Netflix subscription before it renewed on the 28th.  On the 28th/29th, I should be able to activate my Netflix through Xfinity.  Interesting that they just don't just tell you to do this instead of providing a link to activate for "Current Netflix Subscribers".  I will post once I figure out if this recommendation will work.  

2 Messages

I did that and it still doesn’t work. 

Official Employee

• 

812 Messages

user_5p10nf Can you please send us a DM. You can start by clicking the chat icon located in the top right corner of your forums' page when signed in. Once there, you can direct your messages to "Xfinity Support." Please add your full name and service address to help us locate your account. Let me know if you have any questions. 
I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

2 months ago

Have you gotten anything to work or be fixed? I’ve had this issue since July 10th and I’m still waiting for the escalated ticket department to contact me back and fix this. 

Official Employee

• 

2K Messages

user_nbahzh Hi there! Our team will be happy to look into your request to see what happened. Can you initiate a direct message and start with your full name and address? To start a direct message, you must be signed in. Please click the "Direct Messaging" icon in the top right of the page next to the bell, and send your message to "Xfinity Support". Talk to you there!

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

1 Message

19 days ago

I am having the same issue and I have never even had a Netflix account before. Did you ever figure out how to fix it?

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

@user_3xtyop Thank you for visiting our official Xfinity Forums Community support page. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience regarding the Netflix subscription. I would be more than happy to offer my assistance looking into this further for you. Have you ever signed up for a free trial even that would have left your email address in their file?

1 Message

17 days ago

I've been subscribed to Streamsaver since June and all three (Netflix, Apple, Peacock) were activated and working fine. Today, I get an email from Netflix saying my account is on hold and a payment method must be added to continue watching. I also get an email from Apple that my subscription expired. I log onto Apple and cannot watch unless I add a payment method. No email from Peacock but I log on and cannot watch unless a payment method is added also. I contact Xfinity and they assure me my account is activated. I get an email from Xfinity to activate my accounts. I click on activation for all three services and it shows that I'm already activated but when I log in to each streaming service, I cannot watch unless I add a payment method. I go ahead and add credit card info for Netflix and Apple and both services charge me the regular monthly rate. Please help Xfinity.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

user_g9qnhr Good morning! We appreciate you reaching out to our Communuity Forums for assistance with your Streamsaver. We have issued a ticket for the issue, and are working on resolving the issue as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience while we work to resolve the issue, and get your services back up and running. As of right now, you don't need to take any steps on your end. We appreciate you hanging in there during this time. 

7 Messages

@user_g9qnhr​ Did Xfinity resolve this for you? (I hav e the same issue).

4 Messages

1 day ago

I signed up for Stream Saver yesterday. All three applications (two of which I already had separate subscriptions to) gave an error that I wasn't eligible. After spending hours between on online chat agent and speaking with tech support on the phone yesterday afternoon, I was assured the issue would be resolved within 24 hours. Last night I was able to activate Peacock and Apple TV, but I am now getting a different message for Netflix:

Your offer can't be activated right now.

There's a problem linking to your package with Xfinity. Contact their customer service for more information.

After waiting 24 hours and not hearing back I tried calling, but it's virtually impossible to initiate a call with a human being, I did online chat support again. The agent tried several things to no avail and finally said he would escalate the matter. He said I would receive a text message within the hour. Instead, I got a call about 20 minutes later. I was happy to get a call and be able to talk to a person. Unfortunately, he couldn't hear me very well because there was so much background noise on his end (imagine a group of children playing loudly). He asked me what issue I was having, so after explaining to him for the umpteenth time (twice to him because he could only hear half of what I was saying), and telling him the information should all be in the open ticket (which he eventually found), it turns out the only reason he called was to tell me they were working on it and that I would hear back within 24 hours. He didn't actually call to help. That's just dumb, Xfinity. Waste of everyone's time. So it's now 28 hours since I was told it would be resolved in 24 and I'll wait another 24 to see if they even contact me. I'm wagering they won't and I will have to initiate another support call. I just wish there was a way to call tech support directly. I'm speculating Xfinity doesn't want customers to initiate contact with telephone support staff is because there are so many problems they couldn't afford to hire enough people to staff the phone lines. I was hoping to get Netflix working as my next monthly bill will hit on Sunday. If anyone has found a solution to the Netflix activation issue, please share.
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here