PriscillaS's profile

New Poster

• 

7 Messages

Friday, August 26th, 2022 3:03 PM

Closed

Streaming or watching live TV on iPad or iPhone the sound randomly goes off.

Streaming Xfinity or watching live on iPad and iPhone sound randomly goes off for a few seconds.  This has been happening for 6 months or more.

This does not happen on the DVR or watching live on the TV.

Uninstalling and reinstalling the app does not work.  Upgrading to new OS does not work.  WIFi signal is strong.  Xfinity tech suggests asking Apple for a solution.

But this problem does not happen with: NETFLIX, AMAZON PRIME, PBS, HULU, or UTUBE.

No other streaming apps have this problem.  ONLY XFINITY.

That suggest that Xfinity needs to upgrade the Xfinity streaming app.

Accepted Solution

Problem Solver

• 

770 Messages

2 years ago

Hello. Thank you for reaching out for help with your audio on Xfinity Stream on Apple. I will be happy to run through some troubleshooting steps with you to help find a solution. It could be an issue on Apples side, if their OS is not compatible with the Stream app. Does this happen on all programs, and how long does the audio cut out?

New Poster

• 

7 Messages

@XfinityBrandon​ as I wrote above, it does not happen with Amazon Prime. UTube, Netflix, PBS or HULU. It ONLY happens with Xfinity. Sound drops 3 to 8 seconds. Sometimes in clusters. 
‘I keep my ISO updated on my iPad and iPhone. 

Problem Solver

• 

729 Messages

Thank you for letting me know those details. Does the sound come back on its own or do you have to do something? Have you tried watching on the app on an Android device? 

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

I have the exact same problem described in the first post. This only happens on my iPad Pro 3rd Gen. It does not happen using Xfinity Stream on my iPhone or my Apple TV or the Stream app on my Samsung TV. 

I will be watching a live channel on Stream, for example CNN, and the audio will drop frequently for a few seconds. The audio comes back on automatically after a few seconds. 

Like the first poster noted above, I do not have this problem with any other streaming app on the iPad, — Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime , YouTube, etc.. all work fine. I’m fast,  if I stream the exact same show using the CNN app, and instead of Xfinity Stream app, the audio is fine. So this is clearly an audio issue very specific to the Xfinity Stream app on iPad. 

My iPad Pro is updated to the latest version of the software (15.7). I have deleted and reinstalled the Xfinity Stream app, but nothing seems to help.

Any ideas on how we can get this fixed? 

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

@user_205549  I would be happy to help and look into your concern. When you have a moment please send your name and service address to "Xfinity Support." You can do this by using the Direct Messaging icon at the top of the page. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

I have the same issue. Is there a fix yet?  Thx. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here