Z

Visitor

• 

26 Messages

Saturday, October 21st, 2023 1:22 AM

Closed

Streaming on laptop not working

Lenovo T430 laptop. Been streaming live tv for 2 years and suddenly yesterday it won't load. Spent 40 min. on phone this evening with xfinity "ambassador" having me do everything I've already tried - restart modem, restart laptop, clear cache, disable Malwarebytes, add xfinity dot com slash stream to Malwarebytes exceptions, use private browser, try different browser. I use Firefox but tried in Chrome. Same thing. The 3 dots just keep flashing. I don't have any other device to test to see if it works on phone or tablet.  I finally had to hang up since the person was obviously not going to transfer me to someone who  might be able to figure it out and I had to go. I know if I call back I will have to start at square one with reset modem, restart laptop, clear cache, etc., etc., etc., A frustrating waste of time... Please help?

Accepted Solution

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

11 months ago

Had the same problem. Ran thru all the usual fixes nothing improved it. Read a thread from years ago and the word 'adblocker' caught my eye. Disabled my adblocker ext and it worked right away.

Hope your issue can be fixed this easily.

Visitor

• 

26 Messages

@treadwm​  Oh my gosh! Oh I love you! I did that, disabled UBlock on the Xfinity website and it worked! Thank you! 💙

Problem Solver

• 

488 Messages

11 months ago

@user_b8d106 Check this document to confirm your laptop meets the Xfinity Stream portal minimum system requirements. https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/xfinity-tv-website-requirements

Visitor

• 

26 Messages

This is what I have:

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3320M CPU @ 2.60GHz   2.60 GHz
Installed RAM:  8.00 GB (7.82 GB usable)
System type: 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Everything worked fine until Thursday, day before yesterday. Did Xfinity upgrade and now I can only stream on my laptop if I have 3 GHz? Is there anything I can do short of buying a new laptop?

Thank you for responding. Much appreciated.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

@user_b8d106​ e I have the same problem using Chrome on PC suddenly it just sits there showing attempting to connect>>"????

Contributor

• 

11 Messages

11 months ago

Same issues here two different laptops both Firefox has always worked and since thursday or friday it just acts like it is loading and nothing.

Visitor

• 

26 Messages

@DanO55​ I hope disabling your adblocker works for you as it did for me. Same as you, I just started having trouble Thursday.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

@DanO55 Hello there! Thank you so much for letting us know you are also running into an issue with the Xfinity Stream site. If you are still having issues have you by chance attempted the solutions posted above with turning off/disabling ad blockers? If you have an and are still running into the issue please let me know I am more than happy to look more into this for you. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

11 months ago

I too had to turn off Adblock Plus for xfinity dot com. This just started yesterday (10/20/2023)  

Official Employee

• 

2K Messages

Thank you for confirming that turning off Adblock Plus for our website allowed you to watch once again, @user_aogpwf

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

2 Messages

10 months ago

Thank you, I've been trying to get it to work for 3 days now.  Turning off the adblocker entirely (not just whitelisting the xfinity.com/stream) worked.  Makes you wonder what they changed that caused adblockers to be incompatible.  Considering the crusade Youtube is on I wonder if Comcast is going to be adding stream commercials on top of the existing cable commercials...

Visitor

• 

26 Messages

@user_vmql4r​ Interesting thought about xfinity adding ads to their streaming platform. The strange thing is they have not yet alerted their "ambassadors" in various other countries who "man" the customer service phones. The woman I spoke with had me try all the things I'd already tried, with that one exception of ad blockers. Thank goodness for this forum where we can talk to our peers. I stumbled upon it doing a search on my issue. 😊

Problem Solver

• 

488 Messages

I find this all very interesting. I have Adblock Plus installed and enabled in my Chrome browser. I can access the Stream Portal without problem. Also, these blockers are browser extensions. You need to specifically install and enable them. Some of you mentioned trying a different browser, and still had the same problem. Did you also install the ad blocker extension in that other browser you tried?

From my experience, not being able to load the Stream portal from web and getting the 3 dots continuously has to do with a browser bug. Fixed by updating your web browser. Not by disabling extensions.

Visitor

• 

26 Messages

@DreamSayerZ​ Thanks for weighing in.

I have uBlock Origin 1.52.2 installed in both Firefox and Chrome. I use Firefox exclusively but when the issue started this last Thursday, I tried Chrome and Xfinity streaming wouldn't load there, either. When the solution was posted here yesterday, I disabled UBlock in Firefox and the website loaded as it always had before. I did not check Chrome. But just now, after reading your post, I tried opening Xfinity live stream in Chrome and it wouldn't load. Went in and disabled UBlock, refreshed the Xfinity page and it loaded. So... it seems to me, and others here that it is the ad blocker not allowing it to load. I always install Firefox updates when they come out, and Chrome updates itself. I'm running latest versions of both. Maybe I misunderstood what you meant.

-Jenna D.

Problem Solver

• 

488 Messages

@user_b8d106​ Ok, I installed uBlock Origin. Confirmed that yes, when enabled the Stream site does not work, and when disabled it does. However, it also works if you go to the uBlock Extension options, and add https://www.xfinity.com/stream/ to Trusted sites. The dev must have updated the extension to cause it to break. Regardless, this isn't an Xfinity issue. 

(edited)

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

@user_b8d106​ Great so now we can be pummled with more ads. Thanks Xfinity

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here