U

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Friday, April 14th, 2023 2:34 PM

Closed

Streaming gives error message and shuts down after 1 minute

no signal box pops up and turns tv off in 1 minute

​Every 10 minutes or so, a box shows up in the bottom right corner of the tv and says, "No input detected. The TV will turn off in one minute."  The TV reception is just fine, so there must be a signal.​

I go through an entrie restart, and then 10 minutes later it starts all over again.​ This has happened with Netflix, Prime Video, and if I remember right, I first noticed it on HBO Max.

As far as I know, nothing had been changed before this, and all of my internet connections through computers and iphones are just fine. I've had the same hardware (that has worked just fine) for years.

As far as I know there is no problem with any of my cable channels.

I called Xfinity, and I could not get through all the "service prevention" screening (Is there are worse organization for customer service?) they throw at me, so, of course, I could never talk to a live person.

This is REALLY frustrating, and I don't know how to fix it.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

I should also say that I have already done a "system reset"  -- no difference

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

@user_073a4e Hello! Thank you for reaching out to us here on our Community Forums. The error you are seeing is generally related to your physical equipment meaning the HDMI port, HDMI cable, or TV. The error message is not one that is broadcast from your Xfinity TV Box. We would recommend replacing the HDMI cable and try using a different HDMI input on your TV to see if that clears up the issue.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here