U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, April 19th, 2022 2:41 AM

Closed

Streaming Bally Sports

I have Xfinity tv but not Xfinity internet.  I am trying to stream AtlantaBraves baseball on the Ballys Sports app and its website.  I get an error message no matter what device I use or what changes I make. It says: There is an issue playing this video, either you are not enetitled to this content or there is an error playing it.

I have tried all the troubleshooting options Ballys has offered.  Nothing works.  I can stream tennis matches and other things through the app, just not live Atlanta Braves games.  Is this because I don’t have Xfinity internet and just have the tv service?  Man, I hope that’s not the case.  Surely not?  But I would greatly appreciate any insight you could provide.

Matt D.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

3 years ago

Howdy @user_095367! Thank you very much for reaching out about this issue with Bally Sports. Please allow us to investigate and get this figured out. Your satisfaction means the world to us! Appreciate the details on what is happening.

Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? Our team can most definitely take a further look at this issue.

To send a "Peer to peer" ("Private") message:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Bally's is not streaming for me either.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

CONSTANTLY have this issue, even on in-home wifi. Don't even get me started on Xfinitiy requiring in home wifi to stream Bally now, so I can't do it away from home even if I wanted to. 

Problem Solver

• 

1.3K Messages

@user_cffc09 Very sorry about this! I'm curious, after the Braves games are over, does the broadcast show then? 

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Whats the problem? I have comcast at my new residence and cant get the braves on the bally app. But i use my directv log in(divorce) from my previous residence and have no problem. 

Administrator

• 

660 Messages

We're unfortunately unable to provide much support for the Bally Sports app itself, however I may be able to provide some insight as to why certain content is not playing with your Xfinity subscription. Some sports programming is subject to blackouts, especially for local channels. When you move, your channel line-up changes so the user ID associated with your old address for a different provider is playing that programming.

Sports Blackout Information

Xfinity is your home for the most live sports, giving you access to the sports you love when and where you want. As an Xfinity TV customer, you can enjoy more sports your way - live in HD on your TV, streaming online and even through Xfinity On Demand!It's important to remember, however, that sometimes sports can be subject to  blackout restrictions. A blackout is when sports teams and leagues (or schools and conferences) prohibit certain games from being seen on certain channels due to ticket sales or games being carried on other channels. To learn more about how blackout restrictions affect your favorite sport, please see the information below.

Major League Baseball (MLB)

Pre-season
Few Spring Training games are televised locally or nationally. In the event that the same pre-season game is televised nationally and locally, the national network is blacked out because the game will air on another channel in the local market.

Regular Season
Over the course of the MLB's season, nationally televised games may air on FOX, ESPN, FS1, FS2, TBS and the MLB Network. Local blackouts of national networks are common because virtually all games are televised in each team's local market either on a local broadcast station or regional cable network. These local/regional airings are never blacked out. This means you'll rarely miss your home team games. You may just need to change the channel to find the game you're looking for.For an additional fee, you can purchase the  MLB EXTRA INNINGS pay per view (PPV) package, a collection of most of the televised games from other markets. Most games in the MLB EXTRA INNINGS package that are subject to blackout are those also carried by your local station/regional cable network.

Post-season
All MLB Playoff games are televised nationally, and they are not subject to any blackouts. Sometimes the schedule isn't determined until the last minute, as one day's television schedule sometimes depends on the outcome of the previous day's game(s).
I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here