U

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, January 10th, 2022 9:01 PM

Closed

Streaming App: Something went wrong Error

App stopped working on Samsung TV last week.   I have tried deleting and reinstalling after performing gateway restart and power termination.  I get a Success response when I enter the Auth code, but TV screen shows "something went wrong. "

Xfinity support said my Samsung model is compatible and the app worked 95% over the last two years 

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

842 Messages

3 years ago

Thank you for reaching out to me, @user_4b8d8d. I do appreciate your time and patience. My name is Kim, and I am here to help.

Would you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address?

To send a "Peer to peer" message:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send it

Problem Solver

• 

518 Messages

3 years ago

Check to make sure you have the latest firmware for your tv. If it says no update available, check the Samsung web site. Sometimes there are later versions you can download and install via USB.

(edited)

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

The problem was resolved by a member of the Advanced Support team 

He simply refreshed the backend links to my services.   This allowed my TV to successfully authorize and instead of the error screen,  I was able to see the Terms and Conditions page..  Now the set is streaming again. 

I figure the time spent to resolve this was 20 hours.  

Problem Solver

• 

518 Messages

@user_4b8d8d I'm glad it's fixed. It baffles me beyond belief how much time and effort we need to put in to get the Xfinity stream app issues resolved. It's 2022 for crying out loud! I don't know any other streaming service that makes you jump through so many hoops to get things working again.

(edited)

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here