U

Sunday, September 8th, 2024 6:51 PM

Streaming app error code TVAPP-00287

Just started to have issues with the app not working on my Roku stick

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

20 days ago

Thank you for joining our Xfinity Forums community, user_jto1l4. - We can help! Is this issue isolated to your Roku, what model Roku are you using? Are you having any connectivity connections otherwise? Other steps that may help include:

Remove, restart the device, and add the channel:
- Go to the Roku home screen
- Find the app
- Press the asterisk (*) button on your Roku remote
- Select "Remove channel"
- Afterward, restart your Roku device (you can do this through the Settings menu by going to Settings > System > Power > System restart)
- Lastly, reinstall the Xfinity Stream app from the Roku Channel Store.

Check for Roku system updates:
-Go to Settings > System > System update on your Roku device and select "Check now" to ensure it runs the latest software version. If there are any updates available, proceed with the installation.
Clear cache and data:
- From the Roku home screen, go to Settings > System > Advanced system settings > Network connection reset
- Choose "Reset connection" and then restart your Roku device. This step can help clear any temporary cache or data-causing issues.

I hope this info helps!

3 Messages

Having same issue. Accomplished all the steps, but will not stream. Any channel chosen shows the show title in the upper left hand corner, as well as the station symbol (such as the peacock feathers and NBC) in the center, but only the 3 flashing dots below. The video never plays.

This occurs only on Roku devices. Three total.

Thanks

3 Messages

@XfinityThomasA​ I am on my third day of no Xfinity streaming through ROKU. I have performed all the steps, several times on 3 separate units to no avail. I can get past the 00287 code, and the channel and show title appear in the upper left hand corner, as well as the station symbol, such as NBC and the peacock feathers, in the middle with the 3 flashing dots below. The video never plays. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks

3 Messages

The answer was resetting my Xfinity router, again.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here