U

Friday, June 7th, 2024 11:11 AM

Streaming app doesn’t work

The streaming app gets “stuck” on the three dots flashing. I have done everything you can possibly do and called CS three times but no fix.  I called LG and no fix. The app has been fine up until a month ago. Go back a few versions and leave it there.  If it wasn’t broke, don’t fix it!!!  Or!!  Actually annotate that you have many many customers that have the same problem and freaking fix it!!  Not hard to understand. Comcast is starting to become a bad politician. 

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

4 months ago

Greetings, @user_4yd1xj! I hope your week has been treating you well. Thanks so much for taking a moment out of your busy day to leave a post on our community forum. I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with the Xfinity Stream app, but you have definitely come to the right place for assistance.

If you could send our team a direct message with your full name, the name listed on the account (if different), and the service address associated with your account, I'd be more than happy to look into this for you.

To send a Direct Message, please click on the “Direct Message” icon in the top-right corner of the screen, next to the bell icon, click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon, then type or select "Xfinity Support". Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window and press Enter to send your message and initiate a live session.

2 Messages

4 months ago

A DM?  No just talk here.  Or better yet fix your app! 

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

We can definitely try to work things out on this thread, @user_4yd1xj. Can you tell me a little more about what type of device you are using the Xfinity Stream app on? You mentioned contacting LG. Is this an LG Smart TV? Can you tell me what model year TV you have, which version of the operating system you are using, and which version of the Xfinity Stream app you have?

You mentioned this started about a month ago, so it sounds like the app was working correctly at some point, correct? Do you know if there was an update in the TV software or the Stream app that may have led to this issue? Were there any changes to your account, like a change in service, equipment swap, or a password reset?

If you have already called in three times, I assume you've already tried most of the standard troubleshooting steps like logging out and logging back in, deleting and reinstalling the app, restarting your TV and modem, deleting and reinstalling the Xfinity Stream app on the device you used to activate the TV app, etc. When you called in, did any of the calls end by saying "We need to do some troubleshooting that will take about an hour. We will call or text you back in an hour to confirm the issue has been resolved."? That usually indicates the issue is being escalated to our Tier II Advanced Support Team. If you respond to that call or text saying the issue is not resolved, they can open an advanced support ticket. Do you know if that ever happened?

The only two known issues I was able to discover for LG TVs are the loss of support for LG's "Point and Click" functionality, and the incompatibility of 2017 model TVs. The issue you described here does not seem to be related to either of these issues, but there could be a more specific issue that is only affecting customers under specific conditions. Again, those will usually end up going to our advanced support team. If they haven't been able to resolve the issue, we may need to create a new ticket for them.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here