U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, October 28th, 2021 11:12 PM

Closed

Streaming and black bars

We recently made the move back to Comcast and I'm struggling to figure out how to remove the bars ALL AROUND every channel and show I watch. I have black bars on the top and bottom and grey bars on the side, taking my large display down to a tiny little box. I realize that my resolution is not the common 1920x1080 (which is what I saw through google that it needs to be set to) but I fail to believe that one of the largest companies in the country whose job is to bring pictures through a wire to our boxes is behind EVERY other streaming system out there.

Does anyone have a workaround that isn't lowering my resolution? I really don't want to pay Comcast so I can watch 25% of my screen... 

Thank you in advance!

Problem Solver

• 

874 Messages

3 years ago

Thank you for reaching out over Xfinity Forums, @user_476bc6. I can't imagine the headache you must have from trying to fix this. It certainly sounds like an awful situation. I am sure working together we will get to the bottom of this so you can enjoy watching your shows and series. First, what type of device are you using to Stream our services? What type of TV do you have? 

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

@XfinityAnna

I just became a new user of Xfinity beta streaming. I have the same question. 

16x9 programs should fill the screen, SD or HD.

I found no way to enlarge those programs with black bars on all four sides.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here