U

Wednesday, September 20th, 2023 12:38 PM

Closed

stream not casting with chromecast

The Xfinity Stream app will not cast to any of my chromecast devices in my home.  If I take the same chromecast to a different home with different internet, it works.  But it won't work with Xfinity any longer.  A technician came out to fix it, yet the problem remains unresolved.  Any help would be appreciated. 

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

1 year ago

@user_1bf45e Good morning! Thank you for reaching out to our Community Forums Team for assistance with your Chromecast and Xfinity Streaming services. I'm happy to take a closer look, and see how to get you in the right direction for a resolution. Did the technician mention anything while there were out? Additionally, would you mind sharing any troubleshooting steps you have tried in your home. 

1 Message

I am having the same issue with my 3rd gen Chromecast but is working well with Chromecast with Google TV. I haven't had a tech come to check but I called Xfinity and she did a reset but it didn't do anything. I am sure is the Xfinity because I can stream other streaming apps like MAX, Hulu, etc. 

Official Employee

• 

3.8K Messages

Hello @user_109e58! Thanks for taking the time to reach out to our team on Forums. We appreciate you being a customer with us and my team is here to help.

To confirm, when did this first start to occur on your end? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here