U

Thursday, December 21st, 2023 12:51 PM

Closed

Stream app not working

The Xfinity stream app stopped working on all of my mobile devices about a week ago.  Nothing is loading and all I get are the three dots as if it is buffering. Restarted iPhones and iPad, offloaded, and finally deleted apps and reinstalled.  Nothing has helped. 

Contributor

• 

23 Messages

10 months ago

I have been working with a couple different reps over the past two hours regarding this. I only use the streaming app on all my devices for my TV service and lost access to the channels two days ago. I have tried various things on my end also. The streaming app is saying that my device is offline and no internet connection when in fact I have full internet and access to other streaming sites. A ticket was created and the issue was escalated. I'll update on here if I get a resolution.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Hello @redngold510, thanks for reaching out to share your experience. We are sad to hear you are also having trouble with your streaming app, but I'm glad you have a ticket open for this! If there is anything out team can do to help, please use the chat icon in the upper right to enter Direct Messaging. Once there, type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list to send us a message with your full name and address.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

5 Messages

10 months ago

Thank you. I know I am not the only one that is experiencing this.  There have been so many complaints in recent months. We often have problems with intermittent Xfinity service, with WIFI cutting out some days dozens of times.  We just got a new box and the TV seems better, but now all of a sudden, the streaming app has stopped working.

Official Employee

• 

2.4K Messages

@user_wzejtl Have you tried to forget your home network and then reconnect your device?

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

5 Messages

Because of this post, I found that the xfinity app will not work on my mobile devices on my home network, but will work on cellular data. Tried reconnecting my iPhone, but still will not work. How can I fix this?

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Hi there, and welcome to Comcast. @user_wzejtl have you tried to uninstall the App and downloading it again? 

Contributor

• 

23 Messages

10 months ago

Update:  A tech showed up and after about two hours of head scratching and trying to figure out why I was getting internet but no TV service through the stream app, he decided to disconnect my Netgear CM600 modem and connect a new Xfinity modem. Finally, I had TV service again on all my devices. Go to find out through a rep on Reddit that was following up with me, he told me my modem was end of life. I went to Xfinity website to look at compatible modems and no longer see my modem. I had no idea this was about to happen, but had been waiting for the day that it finally failed me and I wasn't able to get internet or anything. For the next week, I will have to rent the Xfinity modem until my Arris S33 gets here.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Thanks for the update @redngold510, I'm glad to hear that the issue was identified and a fix is in the works! Should you need assistance with anything else in the future, please don't hesitate to make a new post here. Our entire community is available to ensure you get the help you need.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here