U

Sunday, November 5th, 2023 6:49 AM

Closed

Stream app not resolved despite rep saying it was, please help

**** Please help.  I posted on wednesday about this and had a rep reply that this issue was resolved (without saying when or how), but I tried to use the app tonight and the issue has not at all been resolved, so I'm going to try to get help one more time.  This is my Wednesday post about the Xfinity Stream app problem:

What's been happening for the past week:  The app (Xfinity Stream on my iPhone 14) connects successfully with my LG TV every time.  But when I tap "Watch" on a show, it looks like streaming is about to start (the scrub bar shows, the 'downloading' circle is active, but the show never starts.  After a couple of minutes, the app says "ERROR" with no error code or explanation about the error.  On a couple of occasions it said "Just Watched" on the app, and both of those times it was a brand new recording that I had not watched (or even started watching) at all.

What I've done so far:  

Unplugged and rebooted the TV - made sure it is connected to the internet.

Rebooted my iPhone

Made sure both iPhone and the LG TV are both up to date with software.

Rebooted the modem/router

Uninstalled and reinstalled the Xfinity stream app.

Tested streaming from the Xfinity Stream app on my up-to-date iPad and same problem.  Connection, but no streaming success.

Any other suggestions?  Streaming was working well prior to about a week ago.

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

1 year ago

Thank you for letting us know this was still an issue, @user_qp37ea! Can you tell me a little more about how this has been presenting itself? You mentioned not being able to stream from your iPhone or iPad to your LG TV. Are you able to view content on your mobile device directly, only to have it lock up when you try to cast to your TV? Are you using the Apple AirPlay app to mirror your phone, or does your TV have the Xfinity Stream app installed?

5 Messages

Thanks for your reply - Yes, I can view content directly on my mobile devices but cannot stream from the Xfinity app to the LG TV.  I stream from within the Xfinity Stream app, tapping the stream icon in the XS app and selecting my TV.  I do not open the iPhone's Mirroring app.  My TV does not have Xfinity Stream app installed.

Official Employee

• 

2.7K Messages

@user_qp37ea Thank you for clarifing all of these details as well as all of the troubleshooting steps you've taken. I'd like to go through some more in depth troubleshooting. Please send us a DM with your full name and address to get started to Xfinity Support. 

To send a direct message:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
Click the "Direct Message" icon or  https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging
Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.
As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.
An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here