Shermo_6's profile

Contributor

• 

196 Messages

Saturday, July 6th, 2024 4:23 AM

Stream App Issue on Roku

Bought a Roku Streambar today primarily so I could use at a second home to use the xfinity stream app instead of connecting my laptop to my tv or casting to watch xfinity shows/channels. I downloaded stream app on Roku but get error tvapp-00101 when I try to authorize that says I need to be on home network. Tried xfinity assistant chat to find solution with no luck, and then was on a call with a rep for a long time also without any luck. Unplugged tv and roku, re-downloaded stream app in Roku, confirmed using primary xfinity account, no luck. Any ideas? Thanks.

Contributor

• 

196 Messages

3 months ago

I also have av Amazon Fire tv at this location and the Stream app works fine on that.

2 Messages

2 months ago

I’m having the same issue. I’ve done everything, only thing I can figure, is that the xfinity stream app doesn’t support my model of Roku streambar anymore. It works fine on my Roku 4 Ultra. 

Contributor

• 

196 Messages

2 months ago

I brought my Roku streambar to my primary home where I have the xfinity account and tried it today and xfinity stream worked.

Will bring it back to other house and try again, but I hope it's not restricted to just home network.  I have seen conflicting information about this online.

Official Employee

• 

820 Messages

Shermo_6 There are some limitations on what you can view when streaming outside of your home network. You can view out of home streaming policies here https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/tv-go-live-streaming-networks. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

196 Messages

Thanks XfinityBrianH, however it won't let me past the error code when I try to log into app on Roku Streambar away from home, so I can't see any tv channels.

Contributor

• 

196 Messages

No luck when I brought the Roku back to my other house. Texted with support for over an hour, they said there was some software error on their end and it should be fixed in an hour. It did not work. In the interim apparantly it was escalated and someone else joined the text 30 min later after they said wait an hour and try again.  I wasn't near my phone and then they closed the request as I didn't respond timely.  No call back, text or email follow up either. Very frustrating.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here