U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Monday, May 31st, 2021 1:59 PM

Closed

Staying logged in

Every time I pause a recording I am watching I have to sign back in.  How can I keep Xfinity from signing me out every time?

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

The same thing happens to me. Also, if I move to a different tab it will sign me out even though I still want it to keep playing.

Official Employee

• 

923 Messages

3 years ago

Hi, @user_8b2d87 and @ajborders19, are you both noticing this issue on a computer or our Xfinity stream TV app? If you're online, are you exiting the tab or just moving to a different tab keeping that one open? 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Hi, this is happening on my computer and I keep the tab open while the show/movie continues to play, but when I go back to watch it will logout. It also logs out if I pause a show and a few times it happened randomly while I was looking for something to watch. 

Problem Solver

• 

909 Messages

Our website may be registering you as inactive when not actively on the tab, but I recommend checking to ensure you have cookies enabled for our site as well. The steps to enable cookies for our site will depend on your browser, but typically found under Settings>Cookies and other site settings. Please keep me posted if this helps resolve the site logging you out after switching tabs. 

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Hi, Im experiencing the same problem, and the solution you offered did not fix the problem . Any  other answers?

Official Employee

• 

87 Messages

Hi there, @user_11cec1! Sorry to hear you're also experiencing this when you're trying to enjoy your shows and movies online. I understand how frustrating this could be and want to help!

First, can you confirm the browser you're using? Is this on the Xfinity Stream Portal or the Xfinity Stream App?

Next, can you please try the following steps which can also be found on this TV Support Document:

If you're using the Xfinity Stream Portal

1. Clear the cache in your web browser settings.
- Microsoft Edge
- Internet Explorer
- Chrome
- Firefox

2. Close your browser.
3 .Wait two minutes.
4. Open your browser and return to the Xfinity Stream portal (https://comca.st/3zsv9kQ).
5. Try playing the recording.

Any changes on your end? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

I have google chrome and have to sign in every time on Comcast and this never happened before also they want a mobile number and I do not use a cell phone!

Problem Solver

• 

1.1K Messages

Hey there, @blueangel15. There should be a check box or button to bypass adding on a cell phone number. When running into the login issue, is this with just visiting our website period or certain parts of the website? 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here