U

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Monday, November 7th, 2022 1:52 PM

Closed

Station selction

I have encountered a couple of problems on how the system deals with stations selections.

1. I select a channel with station number 1101 for example. I then select last viewed and the station I just selected  is displayed as a different number such as 842. I want it to keep the 1101 and not have the system  "adjust" to 842. 

2. There are a total of 10 previously viewed channels possible. If I select an 11th channel, in the past it would take the channel I just selected and replace one of the existing "last viewed" channels. Probably a less used channel. It no longer does that. If there are ten stations in the "last viewed" no more are added nor replaced. I'd like to have the system do that again. 

I have attempted to sign off and reestablish the channels but there was no change. I'd hate to delete the current version of the streaming selection and set it up again.   

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

2 years ago

@user_1611c7 

The reason why the channels number selection changes is due to the x1 smart HD capabilities , if that network you selected comes in hd it will auto switch to the hd channel, if you press the guide button twice it will take you  to the " Select guife view" settings, here is great link https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/x1-auto-tune-to-hd-channels?view=appin the auto tune for hd.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@XfinityOrlandoM​ I will attempt to delete all the "favorites" selected and hopefully that will work. They have been set that away a long time and we have never had a problem.  Hopefully that will fix the problem of the "last watched" not being replaced. 

New Problem Solver

• 

318 Messages

@user_1611c7, we appreciate you giving that a shot, and hopefully that will resolve the issue. If you try that and the problem is still there let us know, so we can help further troubleshoot for you!

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Ok. The equipment I am using is a Roku connection to Xfinity Stream.  I signed out, which cleared all "favorite selections" as well as any previously  viewed channels. Clean Slate!  I signed back in. Selected Station 1110. Made that a favorite, checked to make sure it was the only one selected as a favorite and selected that channel to watch. I then pressed the "last watched" button, which then displayed a selection of the same channel I was watching but the station number had changed to 837. It should have been 1110. I changed the preferences to all formats and not just HD. This is not the way it use to work. It is broken.         

New Problem Solver

• 

318 Messages

@user_1611c7, thank you for getting back to us with this update and for trying that out for us. We will definitely need to troubleshoot this further and get to the bottom of this. Can you send us a direct message with your first and last name and address to get started?

To send a direct message: 

1. Sign into the community. 
  2. Click the message count or envelope icon to go to our private message inbox 
  3. Click the New Message icon. 
  4. Enter Xfinity Support in the Send to field. 
  5. Type the reply in the Message box. 
  6. Click Enter to send your message. 
  7. You can see your back and forth messages with any user by clicking the messages. 

I no longer work for Comcast.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here