mestrauss's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

Thursday, January 4th, 2024 4:42 PM

Closed

Start Xfinity Stream app automatically when power on LG TV

Is there a way to automatically start the Xfinity Stream app when I turn on my LG TV?  Right now, on startup the TV goes to the home screen where I have to select Xfinity Stream from all the other apps.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

10 months ago

Hello, @mestrauss! That is a great question. Thanks for starting with a public post to see what we can find out for you, here. I believe this would be a setting within apps themselves when available. Have you thoroughly investigated the settings for your Xfinity Stream app on the TV? If you do not see this as an option to enable or turn on, then I do not believe it's available at this time.

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

I've looked through settings, but don't see one.  I'm hoping someone with more knowledge than me (hello, Xfinity!) might answer definitively.

Official Employee

• 

376 Messages

Unfortunately, there is nothing on our end that will enable to app to automatically start on your LG TV. You may consider contacting LG TV support to see if they have an option to have an app automatically start when powered on. I apologize for the inconvenience. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

8 months ago

LG OLED: Yes there is. I’m learning myself.

1) Using (LG Magic Remote Control), turn on the LG TV. This should take you to (Home Screen) that is highlighting on (APPS). 

2) On (LG Magic Remote Control), push the (…) button next to the number (0). Arrow down to (Home Settings) and push button. This will take you to (Home Settings), highlighting on (General). Arrow over to (Power On Screen). Push (Power on Screen) and choose (Recent Input). 

3) Using (LG Magic Remote Control), (Power Off). 

4) Using (LG Magic Remote Control), (Power On). This should automatically set you to the (Xfinity Live) every time you use remote.

5) You can also set up your (Xfinity Remote) to work inside the (Xfinity APP) by using the remote shortcut keys or you can just use the (LG Magic Remote Control) for all access.

Good Luck!

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here