gregh9999's profile

Visitor

• 

10 Messages

Tuesday, June 18th, 2024 1:57 AM

Sound and/or Video Frozen following commercial break on M1 iPad Stream app with current versions of Stream iOS app and iPadOS

Nearly every time there is a commercial break, particularly on CNN, when the programming resumes, sound and/or video is frozen.  I have to stop the stream and press play again, and sometimes I have to completely restart the app in order to be able to have both audio and video. 

This has been going on for many weeks.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

4 months ago

Hello @gregh9999, Thanks so much for taking a moment out of your day to leave a post on our community forum. Have you tried uninstalling the Xfinity Stream App and then reinstalling it? Is it only happening on one channel (CNN)? 

Visitor

• 

10 Messages

Hi - thanks for the response.  I have uninstalled the app and reinstalled it, but still have problems.  I've noticed the issue on both CNN and MSNBC.

It really appears to be a problem with the app's coordination with whatever system feeds commercials into the stream (which are not the same as the live feed coming through my "cable box" at home).

Official Employee

• 

893 Messages

gregh9999 I appreciate the information you have uninstalled and reinstalled the Xfinity Stream App. Ensuring your on the most up to date version of the App is important. 

I know you had mentioned the issue happening on the iPad, from experience my Apple products default to Safari for my browser when attempting to connect online. Apps still use browser functionality when accessing content. Chrome is the recommended brower for using the stream App. 

- Have your attempted to chance your default browser to Chrome, then view content on the stream App? 

Clearing cache/history on devices is also helpful to clear Xfinity Stream App errors if you haven't recently done that on your device. You can also stream directly from our website: https://www.xfinity.com/stream/, a good way to see if the issue is related to the App and not any profile issues. Logging into the website to see if you can replicate the same error is helpful. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

10 Messages

@XfinityJustinC​ Thanks, Chrome is already my default browser.  

Unfortunately, when I try to watch CNN on the ipadOS Chrome browser, I receive a message saying "To watch on a mobile device, you need to use the Xfinity Stream app."

So I'm still in the same spot.

Official Employee

• 

2.4K Messages

@gregh9999 I am sorry to hear of that error message. Do you get the same message when at home on your home network?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

10 Messages

Hi - I still don't have an answer to my original question about CNN and MSNBC cutting out volume and/or video after a commercial break.  

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here