U

Sunday, April 21st, 2024 4:59 PM

Screen mirroring to Samsung Frame TV

Streaming TV video does not transfer to Samsung TV; audio transfers fine; video on both the MacBook & the TV go blank when mirroring is selected from the MacBook.

Official Employee

• 

3.8K Messages

24 days ago

Hello, user_p6sni5! Thanks for reaching out to us on the forums! I apologize to hear of the issues you are having with trying to screen mirror to your Samsung TV. Since it has been a few days are you still having issues with this?

4 Messages

Yes the problem still exists.  I have ensured both the MacBook & the Samsung TV are connected to the same network and all mirroring-related permissions are ON.  What is odd is that I can easily mirror Xfinity stream from my iPhone to the TV, just not the MacBook Pro.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Thanks for letting us know @user_p6sni5 If it's working with your iPhone your best bet is to reach out to Apple support. The issue seems to be between the Samsung TV and MacBook Pro. Do other devices work with he Xfinity Stream app in addition to your iPhone? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

4 Messages

Thanks.

Yes, other devices (e.g., iPad) does screen mirroring just fine.

It is only the MacBook Pro

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

That is pretty interesting! Have you tried reaching out to Samsung or Apple to see if maybe it's just a brand issues were the devices don't properly communicate with each other? It's also important to ensure the firmware on both the TV and laptop are up to date, as well as the latest version of the stream app on both devices. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

4 Messages

Thanks.  I will ensure firmware is current as well as the app.  I will also cold-restart both devices to see if that helps; if not, I will be reaching out to Apple.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here