U

Monday, November 13th, 2023 4:07 AM

Closed

Screen mirroring isn't currently supporred

I'm trying to stream tv, but I get is a message saying "screen mirroring is not currently supported".  I am not mirroring anything.

I have tried other movie titles, I have tried force stopping and clearing cache, deleting and reinstalling 

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

11 months ago

Hey there @user_gjpxti did you also make sure that screen mirroring was disabled on the Android device? 

Disable Screen Mirroring - Android

6 Messages

Yes, that was the first action taken.  Once that did not work, I decided to investigate deeper, and that is when I found a post on this community with the same problem.  It appears to be a problem with your software.  I did not see a resolution to that post.

Official Employee

• 

893 Messages

@user_gjpxti I appreciate the update you have tried the troubleshooting steps, as well as the one outlined on the similar post you have found.

Have you attempted to log in at xfinity.com/stream, and checked to see if you receive the same message with content playback? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

6 Messages

Your website tells me to download the latest version of Chrome.  I am running the latest version of Chrome.  Your website will not let me proceed past this page.

2 Messages

i'm having the same issues with the app and have tried all the solutions with no luck.  I am able to stream on my laptop.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

@user_gjpxti Thanks for testing that. What type of android device are you using? We can work to open a request with the repair team. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

26K Messages

11 months ago

... "screen mirroring is not currently supported" ...

Is your device dual-screen or split-screen? In the past, users have reported that these were detected as "mirroring" devices.

Please be aware that there are 2 kinds of responses in this Forum: Replies and Comments. When you Comment on a post by scrolling down to "Comment on this post here...", I am notified of your response. But if you select Reply, I am NOT notified and may not be aware of your response.

6 Messages

No, it is not Split screen or dual screen.

6 Messages

11 months ago

No, it is not Split screen or dual screen.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

8 months ago

Having exactly the same problem. I used the cast feature earlier today, then disconnected, but the Xfinity stream app believes that I'm continuing to attempt to cast. There's no way to proceed to the video in the app. It's simply stuck. Restarting app, clearing cash, restarting phone, etc., nothing works.

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

Hello @VickyG1939, the Stream app is such a great way to enjoy your lineup and avoid have equipment fees, so I can understand why this would be an issue for you. Have you already tried deleting the app and reinstalling it? If so, are you able to test the app on a different device to confirm if the issue is present? 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Yes, the first thing I did was uninstall and reinstall the app. No luck. Same issue. Btw, when I went to an xFinity store, the store rep told me (without even looking at the phone or app) that they could do nothing, that it was a phone issue, and also told me to call technical support and lie and say that I wanted to cancel my service, because that's the only way you can actually speak to a human being at Comcast, but I'll digress. Yes uninstalling and reinstalling doesn't work. I can assure you that the phone is NOT casting. Casting and/or screen mirroring is DISCONNECTED on the phone.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

A much more customer-friendly service representative from VERIZON (you know, your competitor) told me that the problem may be a software compatibility issue between my Android version 10 phone and the Xfinity app. I don't know, but better advice than I've received to date.

Official Employee

• 

580 Messages

@VickyG1939​ Thanks, its a good way to ensure the data is cleared for a fresh start. Are you able to cast from another app such as YouTube? 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here