RobLux's profile

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

Saturday, June 22nd, 2024 10:19 PM

Roku with Xfinity Stream not working from second hone

I have two homes. Both with Xfinity service. Both accounts are linked to my user id. 

I want to watch recordings from home 1 at home 2 with the Stream app on my Roku. It doesn’t work. I get an error message. If I set default as home 2 it also doesn’t work. 

Amazon Fire tv works fine. I see all home 1 recordings and channels at home 2. Roku doesn’t work. 

what do I need to do to get the Roku working?

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

3 months ago

Hey, RobLux! Thanks for posting on our community forums. I'm sorry to hear the Xfinity Stream App is not working on your Roku. Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Xfinity Stream App? Is your Roku device updated with the latest firmware version 8.1 b1 or higher? What kind of error message are you getting? 

1 Message

Same here. It will open but won't finish loading or play anything. AGAIN.

Our bills need pro-rated with all the issues and not receiving paid for services.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

user_8zchts Are you seeing an error message when you try to use your Roku? Please try removing the power source from your Roku for about a minute, plug it back in and if you're still having problems, please let us know.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

2 months ago

I could stream on my phone with the app but it don't let me on my router t.v I out authorize code and it tells me unfortunately we can not support high speed data customers without a video subscription 

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

Hello, @user_i5acms! Do you have a video subscription? Xfinity non-video customers can enjoy 20 live-streaming channels. Plus you can stream thousands of free Xfinity On Demand shows and movies. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

1 month ago

I am also unable to stream while on vacation.  I've never had to be connected to home wi-fi to stream using the NBCSports Philadelphia app, and now it's telling me I do not have this channel and to contact Xfinity to upgrade.  I do pay for this channel.  I have been unable to stream Olympics or Phillies because of the issue and trying to talk to representatives had been no help - three have left mid conversation and another joins and I have to repeat everything I've already said.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

user_38888d Thanks for reaching out with your streaming concern. I would be happy to review the account, and help in any way I can. We can't lose your conversation here, so no worries on us getting you the help you need. 

Can you send us a direct message with your full name, name of account holder (if different), and service address please?

To send a "Direct Message" to Xfinity Support:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

Click the "Direct Messaging" icon (speech bubble)

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here