U

Sunday, October 15th, 2023 7:16 PM

Closed

Roku volume issues while streaming xfinity

Any update on the resolution of the volume problems with streaming Xfinity on a Roku (gets very loud, very low, distorted, or goes  silent) that require exiting the channel and reselecting to solve?

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

1 year ago

Thank you very much for reaching out to us here @user_bqtuu7. Right now the latest information I found on that volume issue is, that it is not a Xfinity issue, and it isn't isolated to the Xfinity Stream app, that issue may occur with other apps on the Roku. Roku has confirmed this is an issue on their end, caused by a software update to their devices that they initiated. Roku is working to resolve it, but it may be several months before a fix is implemented. You can attempt to fix that issue by. 

1. Go into your Settings menu and check for a device update.
  2. If an update is present, select it.
  3. After your device is done updating or if no update was available, turn the device off and back on to make sure the changes are reflected. This may resolve the syncing issue. The issue of volume instability isn't isolated to the Xfinity Stream app, and we're actively working with Roku to investigate this issue. Based on work so far, this will take additional time to resolve.

3 Messages

This is not true.  Only app I have issues with this doing is the Xfinity streaming app.  Do your job and get this corrected.  I am not paying outrageous rental for your devices on each tv. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here