Anon13718's profile

Contributor

• 

20 Messages

Wednesday, February 7th, 2024 9:35 PM

Closed

Roku issues AGAIN

I am unable to watch any Xfinity programming on my Roku Express. It was working fine snd then BAM - get a message that streaming is unavailable. I restarted my Roku - same problem. I then removed the Xfinity app and when I tried to reinstall it - I now get a message that I must be on my “home network” … I AM HOME. I am in my craft room IN MY HOUSE. I am attached to my HOME NETWORK. This is unacceptable. You guys need to fix this app problem immediately. I am over all the issues we gave with your apps on various devices. FIX IT or you lose a 20+ year customer.

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

855 Messages

8 months ago

@Anon13718 Can I ask that you reach out privately, so we can cover the details of your account. You can start by clicking the chat icon located in the top right corner of your forums page when signed in. Once there, you can direct your messages to "Xfinity Support." Please add your full name and service address to help us locate your account. Let me know if you have any questions.

3 Messages

8 months ago

I have the same issue.  Ugh. Bought a new Roku stick because I thought it was defective.  New stick doesn’t work eithrt

Official Employee

• 

2.2K Messages

Hello, @user_axc1kr! I am sorry to hear that the Roku stick is not working with the Xfinity Stream app. I checked and am not seeing this as a known issue affecting many customers. Are you also seeing a message that you need to be on your home network? What modem of Roku Stick are you using? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

8 months ago

i am hardwired into the xfinity modem with my roku and same issue.   xfinity app worked fine until a couple days ago and now states I need to be on xfinity network.   I am.   Checked for roku updates, tried wireless connection to wi-fi, powered off and on.   app just states I have to use tv, smartphone, tablet.    what about roku?

Official Employee

• 

2.4K Messages

@m_bowers2010 have you tried to forget the network and then reconnect your Roku?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

196 Messages

3 months ago

Also get error when trying to use stream through roku streambar 9102x, saying I need to be on home network, error tvapp-00101.  I am not at home account address however Xfinity support says I should be able to stream on this roku device away from home. Any suggestions?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here