sandyandy's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, November 1st, 2011 10:00 AM

Closed

ROKU, HBO GO

I have HBO GO on the computer and on my iPad.  I really want it on Roku, too.  Any chance of that???

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

13 years ago

I am trying to activate my hbogo channel and see that xfinity is not supported as a valid provider. Do you know when this will change? hbogo shows xfinity as a valid provider on the main hbogo.com website, but when I go to activate the hbogo channel through www.hbogo.com/activate it does not list xfinity as a provider to choose. Thanks.

Jennifer

Contributor

• 

51 Messages

13 years ago

Ahh, maybe this is what's going on. We know that Comcast has announced that it will be offering an app for the XBox that includes HBOgo. Perhaps Comcast does not want to use HBO's app for access on the Roku and prefers to use it's own Xfinity app?

This was posted on a website in October:

"Comcast will bring its Xfinity video-on-demand service to consoles other than just the XBox 360 as well as other TVs and set-tops. These include Nintendo's Wii and Sony's PS3, as well as LG and Samsung TVs along with the Roku media hub. Comcast Converged Products president Sam Schwartz revealed these plans at a panel on Thursday."

http://www.electronista.com/articles/11/10/07/xfinity.to.expand.to.more.consoles.connected.tvs/#ixzz1dbsCBast

Contributor

• 

34 Messages

13 years ago

I have no problem using the Xfinity app but will it carry everything that HBOGO offers?

Contributor

• 

29 Messages

13 years ago

If Xfinity TV consists of what I can access on my computer, it will probably have most of what is on HBO GO plus a lot of other programs.  If all Roku is getting is the app that I have on my iPhone, there is very limited HBO content (even less than what is on "On Demand").  In fact, I am not sure what the value of the Xfinity app on Roku would be since almost all of the content is currently on HBO GO.  (I distinguish the app from Xfinity TV on my computer since only a limited amount of content is on the app.)  Does anyone know what content is going to be on the Xfinity "channel" on HBO GO?

Is HBO GO available to Comcast subscribers on Xbox 360?  Looking at the Xbox site, it looked like it was.  If so, it makes the absence of HBO GO on Roku even more maddening, since it you have an Xbox and have an Xbox premium subscription, you get access to HBO GO.  If you don't want or can't afford an Xbox and the Xbox premium subscription, you don't. Sort of like the 1% and the 99%.  I wonder if Comcast gets a cut of every premium subscription of a subscriber who activates Xfinity.com.

I see that Xfinity plans on offering "many more options" in the future.  Since they will all require a new cable box, you can bet the cost of the new cable box will be paid for by subscribers.

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

13 years ago

nevermind

New Poster

• 

1 Message

13 years ago

When will you begin offering HBO over the Roku? A number of other companies are alreayd supporting this functionality, when will Xfinity / Comcast?

Contributor

• 

29 Messages

13 years ago

No one in charge at Comcast reads these posts.  You need to contact Comcast at either the e-mail address or the through the phone number I have posted previously in order to get through to the corporate people.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

13 years ago

I too would like to see HboGo on Roku. Every month I question why I haven't switched to another provider, and this is the final straw. 

My coworkers literally laugh at me when I tell them what I pay monthly. Now, I feel that I am not even getting what I pay for. 

Watching on the computer simply doesnt cut it. Xfinity on demand does not have the same HBO content as HBOGo. 

I don't know what else you expect me to do, other than switch to one of the providers that supports HBOGo on Roku. 

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

13 years ago

Couldn't agree more, when I emailed customer service to find out if they had any intention of signing on to the service they said they could help me right away and referenced HBO Go by name and provided me the number for Roku. They value their customers so much that they don't read our correspondence and pass blame off to other companies who have no control and send us on a goose chase. The kicker is it came from the office of Rick Germano who they claim is some kind of customer service genius. Really people! Not seeing it! I'm so tired of government sanctioned monopolies on my cable tv! I can't wait until the time when all of our content comes throught the Internet and we can bypass cable companies all together through direct subscription.

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

13 years ago

After the HBO Go fiasco, being signed up for a new bundle without my permission, and the relentless raising of Comcast's monopolistic prices, I've bid adieu to cable TV altogether. We're staying with internet service for now until we can find a better alternative.

We'll be using Roku HD (the latest model), watch Netflix and other channels on the Roku, and perhaps Hulu Plus.

Any suggestions on internet service alternatives? We're not in a major metropolitan area (city of ~60,000), and of course dial-up is out of the question.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

13 years ago

Hello I am also very disappointed with this issue. If hbo go does not become available Through thr roku player for Comcast customers very soon I will subscribe to a different service m with Fios or another provider

Contributor

• 

34 Messages

13 years ago

Canceled HBO today...it is tough enough justifying the cost every month but knowing they are holding back features from me was too much to put up with...

Contributor

• 

34 Messages

13 years ago

I know its Comcast and I let them know why I canceled it...

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

13 years ago

It is a bit ironic that i get an email from comcast saying that "Someone in the Help Forums has reviewed your post and responded" every time someone posts to complain about the same issue. i thought i would actually get a response from comcast, instead my anger at the situation is just reinforced. I will cancel my subscription and change providers very soon

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

13 years ago

Actually its both HBO and Comcast. HBO could just offer a subscription through the HBO GO app itself and not require a cable subscription but they won't do that.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here