sandyandy's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, November 1st, 2011 10:00 AM

Closed

ROKU, HBO GO

I have HBO GO on the computer and on my iPad.  I really want it on Roku, too.  Any chance of that???

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

13 years ago

also for the person who posted that writing how mad we are about this hbo go issue on this forum is a waste of time because no one of "importance" will be reading these posts....

Who ever is reading these posts and who works for xfinity...i am sure you can let whoever does matter or your boss or whoever is in charge over there that a whole lot of people are not happy about this and i am sure if this company values its employees and its customers it will not matter what forum the complaints come pouring into....

Let Someone who "matters" know, there are a lot of people not happy about not having hbo go on their roku systems....

Thanks!!

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

13 years ago

if comcast/xfinity does not allow hbo go on roku devices i will definitely switch to att and t....this is retarded xfinity!!!! i have hbo go on my phone so why wouldn't they be on board with the roku too...i am perturbed and if it doesn't come on roku soon...the two hundred a month i pay for comcast bundle service will go to att & t...i guess i will see soon what comcast will do!!

Not Happy Comcast/Xfinity

Fix this problem NOW!!!

New Poster

• 

1 Message

13 years ago

I was disappointed to see Comcast not supporting this too.  You can send an e-mail through the contact us link to make a request for support.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

13 years ago

Just want to post how ridiculous it is for Comcast to block subscribers from recieving HBO2GO on our ROKU boxes! What a bunch of crud! I know that I can access the same thing online, but it would be so much easier to access it with my ROKU! If they gave us access to every episode of every season on demand it would be great, but they don't!

Contributor

• 

42 Messages

13 years ago

This is absolutely insane why we can not access HBO GO on our Rokus! I have it on my Android Phone and Computer, what is the deal with Roku???  Hmmm let me guess, Comcast feels intimidated by the Roku streamer???  Don't they get it, you have to be a paid HBO subscriber through your provider to use this service and I have been a paying HBO customer with Comcast for god knows how many years!!

New Poster

• 

1 Message

13 years ago

Please add comcast to the group of cable companies that will allow HBO GO to be streamed through a Roku to your subscribers.   It will enable us to watch on TV versus a PC!  Not all episodes are On Demand - but they are available via roku.  Please set up with Roku ASAP!

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

13 years ago

When will comcast let us access HBOGO on ROKU.   For the the extremely high cost of your service, I'm paying over $150 a month just for my cable, you'd think comcast would be bending over backwards to provide us with a premium service!

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

13 years ago

Add me to the list--I am considering dropping the expensive Comcast service for another that will at least allow me full access to my services (like HBO Go) via Roku.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

13 years ago

Hey Comcast... when will you get with the program like your competitors did and add HBO2GO for the Roku??  You make big bucks now deliver big service!!

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

13 years ago

Add another request for HBO Go on the Roku--I subscribe to HBO, why isn't Comcast helping us watch it in the most convenient way for us? Your competitors are, and your services are expensive and replaceable. I personally know several people who have moved to AT&T in the past few months, and this might motivate me to join them.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

22.6K Messages

13 years ago

@pshepp wrote:

Just want to post how ridiculous it is for Comcast to block subscribers from recieving HBO2GO on our ROKU boxes! What a bunch of crud! I know that I can access the same thing online, but it would be so much easier to access it with my ROKU! If they gave us access to every episode of every season on demand it would be great, but they don't!

Comcast and other providers can't supply what the networks don't give them. If something is not available On Demand blame the networks. They decide what is released to On Demand.

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

13 years ago

Evie, we're not talking about On Demand. We're talking about HBO Go, a service that HBO and Roku make available to all subscribers and that Comcast is deliberately blocking on the Roku from its increasingly reluctant customers. HBO is not withholding anything, Comcast allows HBO Go on computers, but not the Roku. It's competition does not block the Roku.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

13 years ago

Do you have a link (or steps) to get to the CHANNEL REQUEST option?  I didn't see it in their contact email form.

Edit: Think I found it, first have to choose "General Inquiry" in the Support Category, then the "Channel Lineup" I assume?

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

13 years ago

I agree with the sentiment that Comcast blocking access to HBOgo on Roku stinks.  If a solution is not forthcoming I will gladly move to another service that does offer this in my area.

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

13 years ago

This is indeed ridiculous.  Maybe we should go Bank of America or Netflix on Comcast.  Companies tend to understand this kind of action.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here