sandyandy's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, November 1st, 2011 10:00 AM

Closed

ROKU, HBO GO

I have HBO GO on the computer and on my iPad.  I really want it on Roku, too.  Any chance of that???

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Looks like Comcast only hates the idea of Roku and HBO. This week Comcast is now allowing FOX to be authorized for Roku which they had not been doing. So again it's just an HBO thing.

Come on Comcast you allow Roku on every other channel, this is just rediculus. 

Regular Contributor

• 

100 Messages

10 years ago

Comcast with your permission I have authorized my ROKU for the following channels

FOX broadcasting

Disney

Disney JR

TBS

FX

and countless others it's the same process for HBO, just check the box! 

If this could only be brought up to the correct person I am sure this could be fixed, I think that honestly no one there has any idea what we are talking about.

Frequent Visitor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

Thank you Comcast for allowing the "Fox Now" on demand channel on ROKU!

HBO Go next please!

Keep up the good work.

Frequent Visitor

• 

10 Messages

10 years ago

If you really think Comcast doesn't know about the HBO Go Roku issue, you're wrong. They are intentionally blocking it -- have been since Roku acquired HBO Go access in 2011. They are the last major ISP to do so.

I am glad that Comcast has finally allowed FOX Now on Roku, but it isn't enough. There are still a lot of channels, including HBO Go, that Comcast is blocking. These include the History Channel, Lifetime, A&E, and more. I've dropped HBO Go because of this issue, so maybe I should just drop the rest of my pay TV service as well and save myself some more money.

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

Can you please support the ROKU app for HBO GO so I can watch on my TV in another room. All the other providers support the Roku such as Dish, Direct Tv, COX and more.

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

I would like to watch it in another room that dosnt have a cable box. and runnng a cord isnt a fesable option.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Now that Amazon Prime has all of the HBO content.  I can drop HBO, and HBO Go, and stream through Amazon Prime. 

Frequent Visitor

• 

15 Messages

10 years ago

@ajarnett1 wrote:

Now that Amazon Prime has all of the HBO content.  I can drop HBO, and HBO Go, and stream through Amazon Prime. 

What are you talking about?  I just did a search for Deadwood, and it said "Puchase from $1.99", but no option to watch on Amazon Prime. Same thing for Sopranos. Real Time with Bill Maher not even there.

Frequent Visitor

• 

10 Messages

10 years ago

@94heritage wrote:

What are you talking about?  I just did a search for Deadwood, and it said "Puchase from $1.99", but no option to watch on Amazon Prime. Same thing for Sopranos. Real Time with Bill Maher not even there.

They will be up May 21st, and it's only older (3+ years) content. It's still better than what we had.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

So I didn't see comcast/Xfinity listed in the participating providers. Now I know it would not take a technological marvel to make this happen and would really like to know why I can't get hbo go on my roku while If I had one of the other dozens of providers I could. If centurylink (the only other provider in my area) didn't provide horrible internet, I would switch.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

The very SECOND Google announces it is launching in Colorado I'm making the switch.

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

This is Comcast's fault and Comcaast needs to change its ways or those of us who spend loads of money subscribing will jump ship at the earliest opportunity. 

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

I was very disappointed to learn today that, while we're remodeling and I'm unable to use my normal tv location for which I'm paying, I'm unable to use Xfinity and my HBO subscription to access it on a tv in another room in our house via HBO Go.  Researching it, I find that it is because Comcast refuses to sign an agreement with Roku. Comcast -- shame on you!!!

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

Yes!!! Comcast is ticking me off.

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

Shame on Comcast.. 

forum icon

New to the Community?