sandyandy's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, November 1st, 2011 10:00 AM

Closed

ROKU, HBO GO

I have HBO GO on the computer and on my iPad.  I really want it on Roku, too.  Any chance of that???

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

3.5K Messages

10 years ago

Ahh Yes I stand corrected. I have to say I like the idea and I am sure other content providers will jump on this as well in the near future. Comcast knows it's days are numbered with tv services. : )

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Just off the top of my head.

HBOGo has way more content than xfinity HBO on demand.  The ridiculous amounts of menus you have to go through to get to what you want in HD on Xfinity HBO demand.  The horrible On demand interface.  On demand has no memory of where you are in a series.  On demand is slow and if you are watching a series it might take 5 minutes to scroll through all the episides to get to the one you want, and after watching that episode you now have to do it again except scroll through now one more row to watch the next one.  If you hit enter but Xfinity on demand but since On Demand is so slow you don't know it was still scrollinging through the episodes you load the wrong episode and have to go all the way back and start over.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Xfinity website says you can stream HBO GO to my roku, but when trying to activate on HBO go website, xfinity is not listed as a internet provider choice. Can we use it on the roku or not?

Gold Problem Solver

• 

6K Messages

10 years ago

Where on the Comcast site does it say that it allows HBO on Roku?

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

why not? its 2014, is xfinity want us to start using direct tv????

New Poster

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Thank You for the link to sign ...I am suprised that there is 42 pages on this yet I was only the 23rd signature ....COME ON PEPOLE it takes no longer to sign then it does to post on this forum

Contributor

• 

42 Messages

10 years ago

We have to be careful what we ask for, because we just might get it. There is a big risk here that in the process of unbundling of tv channels, consumers end up with even bigger bills, and certainly a lot fewer choices. This could lead to further consolidation of content providers, giving them even more pricing power against the consumer. All I really want is to be able to access all of the channels I pay for (including HBO) on any of my devices, including roku. Yes I'd like my bill to be a bit lower, but personally I'm more concerned with access and quality of delivery (ok, Comcast sux here as well) rather than just cost.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

3.5K Messages

10 years ago

What the cable company and content providers need to understand is we are only going to pay so much and then it's over we will simply cancel then they get nothing. There is a fine line that is forming between what they offer and what we are willing to continue to pay so that better be careful.

Frequent Visitor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

I wouldn't mind losing half my bill and half the channels I don't touch.. Even a third of my bill and those channels...  It's just going to come to a point where government has to step in and open up infrastructure to competition... That's when our bills will fall, but they will have to make sure expansion continues especially fiber and in rural areas fiber to node. Which they may have to subsidize to make it attractive to companies currently. 

New Poster

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Hello, first post so I'm not sure if this is the right forum.  Why does comcast not support the HBO GO app for roku?  In my area only Apple TV, Xbox and Samsung TV is able to be activated.  Thanks.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

@mmbuckwa wrote:

Why does comcast not support the HBO GO app for roku?

Monopoly.

They wouldn't be able to get away with this if they had any competitor.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

Comcast why can't I use hbo go on my roku? So its either rent your boxes monthly or nothing at all? What a scam, I can't wait until hbo sells their subscription outside of Comcast, then I will cancel my service with you criminals.

Frequent Visitor

• 

11 Messages

10 years ago

I wonder why ComcASS offers this blog service because the obviously don't read it or ever reply to it.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

AT&T is currently offering Intenernet Max Plus Internet (18mbps),  U-Basic TV with HBO and HBOGo for $39/mo.   

Unlike Comcast, they will allow my Roku to authenitcate with HBOGo.

Seems like the answer is obvious.

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

Comcast is ignoring customer requests for Showtime Anytime on Roku too.

Note:  All other cable companies support both HBO Go and Showtime Anytime on Roku.

Good news:  Next year you can subscribe to standalone HBO Go and stop paying Comcast for HBO.  The same goes for Showtime Anytime.

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/XfinityTV-Website/Showtime-Anytime-on-Roku-Comcast-Inaction-Thread/m-p/2328613 https://gigaom.com/2011/11/04/hbo-go-for-roku-comcast-directv/

http://www.rollingstone.com/tv/news/hbo-go-standalone-service-2015-20141015

http://www.engadget.com/2014/11/05/standalone-showtime/

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here