sandyandy's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, November 1st, 2011 10:00 AM

Closed

ROKU, HBO GO

I have HBO GO on the computer and on my iPad.  I really want it on Roku, too.  Any chance of that???

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

I would also like to see Comcast Xfinity support HBOGO on the Roku, as well as all other devices.

In addition.  Comcast Xfinity needs to have their own app on the Roku. 

For the price of the service it should come with us anywhere.

Please do the right thing Comcast Xfinity.  Let people use their service wherever possible.  We are paying customers.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

I would like to see Comcast Xfinity support HBOGO on the Roku, as well as all other devices.

In addition.  Comcast Xfinity needs to have their own app on the Roku. 

For the price of the service it should come with us anywhere.

Please do the right thing Comcast Xfinity.  Let people use their service wherever possible.  We are paying customers.

Both HBO and Roku are pointing fingures at Comcast Xfinity as the problem with not being available on their devices.

My advice; step up to the plate and offer what everyone wants and be competitive not restrictive.  There is no reason that the largest cable company in the US is not compliant.

Contributor

• 

55 Messages

10 years ago

I too am completely frustrated with Comcast's nonsense of allowing HBO Go on my phone but not Roku.  I have three Rokus, all of which I bought to avoid paying near $40 for box rentals.  So now I basically hook my Samsung Note 3 which does allow HBO Go to whatever TV I'm watching.  Problem solved except navigating on the phone is not as convenient as a remote control.   Google Fiber can't come fast enough.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I generally don't use my cable box. It stays off. The major problem is that I don't pay Comcast extra for HD service, so my cable box won't let me watch anything in HD. That's unacceptable. More minor problems would be needing to use another remote, more electricty, need to change TV inputs, and slower loading times. I want a smart TV app so I don't have to get up and fetch the HDMI cable to connect to the laptop. I also want it, so that I have the option of leaving my laptop in my bedroom and still watch my Xfinity shows in the living room. Plus have the remote control work to pause the show.

Contributor

• 

27 Messages

10 years ago

Love the name -- great book!

I agree, to me, Comcast charging for a HD fee on top of their HD service teir would be like Ford selling you a car, and then wanting you to pay extra for the optional gas tank - total scam!

I wrote to all my state members of congress complaiining about the proposed merger and Comcast current unfair practices of HD Tech Fee, plus charging for a DTA unless you have the basic level of service.  I'm sure it will make no difference, as it seems the lobbiests of huge companies have a lot more say with Congress than an individual voter (which smacks me as very wrong too).

New Poster

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Why does the leading cable TV provider in the United States (Comcast) not allow HBOGO on Roku?  All the other cable providers do - including AT&T UVerse.

Guess it's time to go shopping again for a new cable provider.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Sooooooooo.... When will Comcast step up and tell us why they won't allow HBO Go to stream on Roku? Comcast seems to be asleep at the wheel...... Soon Comcast will go the way of AOL... remeber them? You can't control everything Comcast people will find away to get what they want with you or without you.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Here it is 2014 and is Streaming on every device but Roku.
Will it ever stream HBO Go on Roku?

Regular Contributor

• 

100 Messages

10 years ago

Including DirecTV finally and not to mention Time-Warner Cable that they just bought.

Frequent Visitor

• 

19 Messages

10 years ago

@3E wrote:
Here it is 2014 and is Streaming on every device but Roku.
Will it ever stream HBO Go on Roku?

You are almost correct. Comcast will not authenticate the PS3 as well.

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

I am about to end my 16 year relationship with comcast. Not only HBO, but AETV, LIFETIME and countless others. It is outrageous to see all of these small cable companies, large cable companies and satellite providers on the list for these apps/networks. Comcast Mafia.....

New Poster

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

+1 for Roku access to HBO Go. It's ridiculous that I have HBO Go access at my home on my Apple TV, computers, and Android phones ... but not on the Roku device. Only thing that seems more ridiculous is that this looks to be a long-standing request by Comcast subscribers but the company's response has been worthless.

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

Presumably it's about money. Comcast wants Roku to pay them, or is protecting their own proprietary "solution," or both.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I'm trying to activate my Roku device with HBO to Go and it's saying that we have to notify comcast to add it as an approved device? What's up with that? How can I get comcast to approve Roku to access HBO to go?

Problem Solver

• 

1.9K Messages

10 years ago

The problem is not with the Roku. It is with HBO & Comcast. That is why you cannot activate the app. Until Comcast & HBO's ownership comes to some kind of agreement, the HBOGo and other Go apps for that ownership, will not work with your Comcast login credentials.
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here