sandyandy's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, November 1st, 2011 10:00 AM

Closed

ROKU, HBO GO

I have HBO GO on the computer and on my iPad.  I really want it on Roku, too.  Any chance of that???

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

I can't BELIEVE Comcast still doesn't support this...

Why support it on every other device. Why let it work with a Chromecast? Why let it work with Apple TV but block it on the Roku?

You're royally p i s s ing off your customers who want content. No wonder why your subscriber base continues to plummet.

Another dissatisfied customer, canceling. And no, there's nothing the retention department can do to keep me as a customer. AT&T and FiOS are both avaialble in my area now. Syonara. 

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

use the remote to listen to audio on Roky 3

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

The reason I want to stream through Roku is to use the roku remote and listen to the audio without disturbing others.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

I just recently got a Roku 3 as well as a Smart TV so expect the same privilege of using HBO Go with these devices that I would be allowed with other providers. It would be greatly appreciated if Comcast got on board as quickly as possible, but the alternative is that if they don't, I'll take my business elsewhere.

It's crazy this is still an issue.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

Seriously........Roku and you can't work something out ?

May have to go elsewhere.........

New Poster

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Sandy, I just purchased a Roku 3 and hooked it up last Saturday.  Like you, I was disappointed that HBO Go is not offered as a streaming channel through Comcast Xfinity. I would like to access HBO Go on my HDTVs rather than only watching on my tablet or computers.  I am a relatively new Xfinity customer, having dumped Verizon FIOS for Comcast after 6 years.  I am satisified with Comcast Xfinity overall, but Verizon is offering HBO Go streaming to Roku.  I am sure Comcast will likley catch up soon.

Frequent Visitor

• 

15 Messages

10 years ago

Don't hold your breath - Comcast has known about this issue for years and ignores it. There is a "work around" that you can do. Playon is a private channel you can add to your roku - it's actually a pretty cool service - especially being able to record for later viewing. HBOGO is available on Playon along with lots of other channels.  The ability to save for later playing is great!

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

I am a long time Comcast Customer who pays for the service and HBO. I find it frustrating that I can't get HBO Go on Roku via a service I have already paid for.  

New Poster

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

How do you set this channel up in Roku? I couldn't find an option to add a private channel.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

I have Roku in the rooms that are not with WiFi TV's or DVD players.  I cannot get HBO Go because Comcast / Xfinity does not support Roku.  I was told this am that Comcast considers Roku a competitor and therefore does not support it.  

This is ridiculous.  I pay for HBO, I get it on my computer, on my DVD and on my Tivo by live streaming.   

For Comcast to not support this mode is an outdated idea and will cost Comcast many subscribers who actually DO subscribe to HBO and MAX.  
The executives at Comcast should take a close look at what is happening out there and get a better understanding at what is and is not competition.

Thanks

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

When we subscribe to HBO we expect to get HBO GO on Roku.
When I had Verizon and subscribed to HBO, I enjoyed HBO GO on Roku.  Now I have Comcast and cannot get HBO GO on Roku.  Hence, Verizon provides a more complete HBO package while Comcast provides an incomplete HBO package.  I get much more HBO from Verizon.  HBO On Demand is very limited and X1 costs more.  I should switch back to Verizon to get more HBO, right?  It is a better value.  This is just common sense.
Why doesn’t Comcast listen to or understand what its customers want?  Why doesn’t Comcast value what its customers want?  This is the essence of customer relationship management.  This should be their most important goal.

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

Let’s talk about the real competition.  When I had Verizon and subscribed to HBO, I enjoyed HBO GO on Roku.  Now that I have Comcast, I cannot get HBO GO on Roku.  Therefore, Verizon provides a more complete HBO package while Comcast provides an incomplete HBO package.  I get more from Verizon when I subscribe to HBO.  I should switch back to Verizon to get more HBO, right?  This is just common sense.  Why doesn’t Comcast listen to or understand what its customers want?  Why doesn’t Comcast value what its customers want?  This is the essence of customer relationship management.  This should be their most important goal.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

6.4K Messages

10 years ago

Duplicate post

Frequent Visitor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

I read another thread about Roku/HBOGO/Comcast and it makes sense that Comcast sees Roku as the competition. I believe HBOGO should offer their app in another manner if the provider doesn't want to include it for Roku.

Frequent Visitor

• 

15 Messages

10 years ago

Either comcast needs to discount it's price for HBO subscription or simply allow us to use hbogo which is advertised as being part of the subscription price to HBO. Plain and simple false advertising.

Comcast isn't gonna change - they have known about this issue for years and all we get is "thanks for the feedback" and nothing else.

Now that equal access is history, grab your wallet tight as they figure out how to get everyone to pay more for access to content from various sources over "their" network. I'm expecting another "thanks for your feedback" email message for this post. Guess to they, that answers the issue without having to actually do anything about it.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here