sandyandy's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, November 1st, 2011 10:00 AM

Closed

ROKU, HBO GO

I have HBO GO on the computer and on my iPad.  I really want it on Roku, too.  Any chance of that???

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

The content on hob.go is much better. I can see all the episodes of previous series and they also have more movies.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

But you CAN get HBO GO on Apple TV... Just not ROKU anymore

Frequent Visitor

• 

10 Messages

10 years ago

Wouldn't it be nice if we could just pay HBO directly and bypass the cable/sat. middleman???? 

I finally broke down and bought a Chromecast so I could watch HBOGO...now I have a Roku and Chromecast hooked up to the same TV!

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

10 years ago

I have the same.  The Chromecast is OK, but having to turn my tablet on to pause is a pain...never mind the clumsy rewind interface.  I keep wanting to reach for my roku remote.

A dedicated chromecast remote with buttons and maybe with a small android screen to do the initial launch from would be great...kickstarter anyone?

The audio/video quality through chromecast is fine.

My first choice of course would be for Comcast to listen to it's frustrated "customers".

New Poster

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Is there any chance Comcast will have HBO GO for the ROKU device?

New Poster

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I'm a new Comcast subscriber and am shocked to see that somehow Comcast, the largest cable provider in the country, doesn't allow HBO Go through a Roku box. Talk about not caring about their customers. As others point out we're already paying extra to have an HBO package.

In the Boston area we have at least Comcast and Verizon Fios, and in some towns RCN. I may change back again from Comcast but FIOS is VERY expensive if they're not in the mood to give you a deal. They charge double for many items to what Comcast charges, like $20 a month for the DVR, $25 for HBO, etc. I'll just have to play them off against each other, but unfortunately changing providers is not at all seamless, and my wifi with Comcast seems very glitchy at present.

Regular Contributor

• 

100 Messages

10 years ago

OK comcast yesterday DTV announced that ROKU users on their system can now get authorized for HBOGO.

Comcast is now the last major service to block activation

Frequent Visitor

• 

30 Messages

10 years ago

RokuMan,

I'd LOVE to know if you ever got your Roku to work within Comcast. I really want to watch Netflix on the big new tv I purchased upon moving into a " Comcast Only" area. It makes me SOOO angry. SOOO ANGRY!

It has caused within me an absolute HATRED of Comcast.

Did you do it? Can you help me?

I'm ALSO being told that I will not ever receive wifi in a different area,(the living room about 25 feet away from my bedroom modem ) of my ONE BEDROOM APARTMENT ,(Hello....SMALLLLL area here???) unless I pay for hundreds of dollars for electrical observation by an independent company,  because "They're NOT electricians", and won't even TRY to solve my problem. I hate Comcast.

I just wonder if you've ever had success for Roku, within Comcast....

Thanks,

WITHOUT ROKUWoman.

Frequent Visitor

• 

30 Messages

10 years ago

Apparently not,because there are SOO many people posting with the exact same trouble. 

Selfish, greedy and uncaring Comcast doesn't really give a S*** if their customers have what they want.they just couldn't care less.

Contributor

• 

362 Messages

10 years ago

@ladyhobbit wrote:

I'm ALSO being told that I will not ever receive wifi in a different area,(the living room about 25 feet away from my bedroom modem ) of my ONE BEDROOM APARTMENT ,(Hello....SMALLLLL area here???) unless I pay for hundreds of dollars for electrical observation by an independent company,  because "They're NOT electricians", and won't even TRY to solve my problem. I hate WITHOUT ROKUWoman.

I hated Comcast as well....that being said, are you trying to get your WIFI on their router or do you have your own wireless router?  I would suggest you get a good router, such as a linksys, hardwire the Comcast connection into that via the CAT5 cable....I should think you could get a Wireless signal throughout your apartment with that. If it doesn't work, you can always return the wireless router to the store you purchased it from, and most will now walk you through the setups....

Frequent Visitor

• 

30 Messages

10 years ago

You don't live in Heritage Hill, Somers, by any chance???

Same annoyingly frustrating issue I'm having.

I'm VERY P.O'd.

Regular Contributor

• 

91 Messages

10 years ago

As far as the roku issue cant help there but with your wifi issue. just geta standard docsys 3 modem for internet dont use comcasts all in one phone wifi cable modem they suck and arent user configurable. Not like some of the retail routers.

I have just a standard Motorola docsys 3 modem and I have a Linksys 802.11AC router. works much better with way better range. It has multiple radios at 2.4GHZ and 5GHZ

Regular Contributor

• 

100 Messages

10 years ago

First I have to say I was shocked at how good the wireless router I hooked up at my father-in-laws last month. It is at the extreme end of the house and I am getting good signal all over.

At home I use a docs 3 Motorola modem with an old linksys wireless router with the wireless turned off. For wireless I use Ubiquity Unifi access points, they create a seamless mesh through out my house inside and out.

Contributor

• 

362 Messages

10 years ago

@rwspears wrote:

As far as the roku issue cant help there but with your wifi issue. just geta standard docsys 3 modem for internet dont use comcasts all in one phone wifi cable modem they suck and arent user configurable. Not like some of the retail routers.

I have just a standard Motorola docsys 3 modem and I have a Linksys 802.11AC router. works much better with way better range. It has multiple radios at 2.4GHZ and 5GHZ

Using the same setup...and I've got wifi all over the house...we're on an acre lot, and hubby's shed is about 1/4 acre to the back of the house...and he has coverage there.

Regular Contributor

• 

91 Messages

10 years ago

Nope. Its a http://store.linksys.com/Routers/Linksys-EA6900-App-Enabled-AC1900-Dual-Band-Wireless-Router-with-Gigabit_stcVVproductId155849479VVcatId551966VVviewprod.htm

I want to get this http://www.linksys.com/en-us/wrt-wireless-router

@workerdummy wrote:

rwspears wrote: It has multiple radios at 2.4GHZ and 5GHZ

That's not one of those Xfinity routers that's also acting as an Xfinity public hot-spot, is it?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here