sandyandy's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, November 1st, 2011 10:00 AM

Closed

ROKU, HBO GO

I have HBO GO on the computer and on my iPad.  I really want it on Roku, too.  Any chance of that???

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Accepted Solution

Expert

• 

24.4K Messages

9 years ago

Posted today 12/16/2014

hbogo.JPG

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

13 years ago

I have been using a Roku for streaming media such as Netflix, Pandora, Amazon, etc.  I love it.  Recently I upgraded my Comcast service to include access to Xfinity along with a bump in internet speed.

Are there any other Roku users on here that would like a "channel" added on thier Roku boxes to make it easier to access Xfinity?  I don't mind if I need to use my laptop to play whatever tv shows or movies to my television....  but life would be so much easier if i could do it throough my Roku.  Doesn't seem like it would take much for the tech gurus at Comcast to whip something up.  How about it guys?

New Poster

• 

1 Message

13 years ago

Evidently--after speaking to a Comcast rep just moments ago who checked with two supervisors--On Demand is not accessible on basic digital HD cable.  I just changed my service and am a Roku user as well.  An Xfinity channel that lets you access xfinity.com would be awesome!  I wouldn't even mind it being offered only to Comcast subscribers.

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

13 years ago

I don't have a regular cable box...  otherwise there wouldn't be a problem.

If the good folks at Comcast can give me something for my Roku that will allow me to vire on demand programming, which is all I want, I would be greatful.  Thanks!

New Poster

• 

1 Message

13 years ago

+1

I am a current Comcast customer. Since I use a TiVo with a CableCard, I do not have access to on-demand programming, except via the website. It would be great to access xfinity.com's on demand content via a Roku app.

Frequent Visitor

• 

13 Messages

13 years ago

Why isn't HBO GO supported on the Roku?

Per the HBO GO activation page:

"Comcast XFINITY does not support HBO GO on Roku Streaming Players.

For further assistance, please contact Comcast XFINITY.
Comcast XFINITY supports HBO GO on other devices.
Visit hbogo.com on your computer to learn more.."

Comcast AND HBO are about to lose my money if this remains the case.

Work this out and FIX IT!

-P

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

13 years ago

I just bought a Roku specifically so I could access HBO to Go on it, and Comcast is going to block my access? I see that Dish Network will allow HBO to go access via Roku, why should I give Comcast my business when they are going to block access to my HBO account that I pay a premium to subscribe to?  I may as well go with another provider.  Wake up Comcast! 

Contributor

• 

51 Messages

13 years ago

To the poster who asked why we want HBOgo on Roku, when HBO is available on Comcast cable TV:

HBOgo offers the full HBO library of programs (movies, series, etc), whether or not they are currently airing. This is a far richer offering than what is available on HBO OnDemand currently on Comcast cable TV. So, the HBOgo on Ruku does not replace Comcast Cable, it adds to it. For example, with HBOgo on Roku, I could rewatch Oz or Angels in America, both currently not available on HBO OnDemand.

I hope this answers your question and explains why we're upset that Comcast (unlike its competitors) is not offering this to HBO subscribers.

Contributor

• 

51 Messages

13 years ago

I too have been eagerly awaiting HBOgo availability on my Roku, only to discover that Comcast is not offering it.

I emailed a complaint to Comcast and received a confusing reply:

"we currently do not offer the option to watch HBOgo via Roku. However, need not to worry, as we are continuing to innovate to ensure the best user experience. We have partnered with our Programming  providers to create Online TV through Partner Sites - a new way for customers to enjoy video online.

The ability is still in its infancy and will continue to grow as we move towards a broad launch of Online TV through Partner Sites. Please keep an eye on your monthly statements for any communication regarding additional features we will be launching soon."

Comcast, I am not looking for "online TV." As an HBO subsccriber on Comcast, I want the full HBOgo available to me on Roku, just as it is available to HBO subscribers on ATT, Verizon, Dish and so on. There is no excuse for delay or "other alternatives." 

I am very disappointed with Comcast.

Frequent Visitor

• 

13 Messages

13 years ago

I don't know how this got listed as solved...maybe I accidentally hit something.

It's NOT solved.

Contributor

• 

51 Messages

13 years ago

Hooking up a laptop to the TV is not a solution. It is a very inelegant and inconvenient way of viewing HBOgo content on TV.

I did it once and then eagerly awaited the day when I could use Roku instead.

Roku is the solution!

Frequent Visitor

• 

13 Messages

13 years ago

HBO Go has a ton more content than comcast on demand.

I guess I could hook my laptop to the TV but the roku is a far more elegant solution, especially since I already have it for Netflix, amazon, and Crackle.

Frequent Visitor

• 

13 Messages

13 years ago

Thank you.  I missed that.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.5K Messages

13 years ago

mttobe wrote: I don't know how this got listed as solved...maybe I accidentally hit something. ...

As the OP, you can go to the "solution" post and click Options / Not the Solution.

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

13 years ago

I see on Roku's website that Comcast is not listed among cable providers who will allow HBO GO to work on Roku.  What's Comcast got against that little box?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here