sandyandy's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, November 1st, 2011 10:00 AM

Closed

ROKU, HBO GO

I have HBO GO on the computer and on my iPad.  I really want it on Roku, too.  Any chance of that???

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Contributor

• 

25 Messages

11 years ago

This poster brings up an excellent point. If Comcast would simply provide everything that HBOGo provides, I would no longer have an issue with them.

Frequent Visitor

• 

12 Messages

11 years ago

yes! Comcast is overpriced and stingy with extras! I will ditch you like a bad boyfriend once there is competion for cable internet in my area.

Contributor

• 

362 Messages

11 years ago

@cinvt wrote:

yes! Comcast is overpriced and stingy with extras! I will ditch you like a bad boyfriend once there is competion for cable internet in my area.

I find their internet to be pretty good; I purchased my own modem, so I don't have to pay the monthly rental. It is the television that I found abysmal, so I kept the internet and ditched the television for another provider.

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

11 years ago

Why is hbo go not offered on my roku device?????? Guessing you thieves want even more money than you are stealing from us now!!!!!

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

I bought my Roku box for 2 reasons. #1 Netflix and #2 HBO Go.

When I got home, hooked it up and discovered my service provider (Comcast) isnt supportd on this device I was speachless.

Bring Comcast HBO Go to ROKU!

Regular Contributor

• 

91 Messages

11 years ago

well, i got tired of continuous asking. i felt like olliver twist asking  (in a timid little voice) "please sir. may i have some more?". and big bad comcast being the giant watchman screaming "MORE !!!????" (like i was some fool punk asking for what i pay for) . Goodbye comcast !!! I just signed up for uverse. half the price. twice the channel choices !!!!. save myself $75 a month and got not 2, but "5" premium channels. And when comcast said "they dont have on demand, like we have on demand", comcast is right. their premium channel ondemand has 50 movies, not 15 !!!!!  and guess what ? I can stream HBOGO !!!! March 1st is the big day when i tell comcast to kiss my tukkis !!!!! and when they do their standard "too late begging" by offering me a breadcrumb. I will throw an entire loaf of bread in their face and say "this is what your competition gave me, dumba** !!!! See my but* comcast ? this is me walking away !!! now you can kiss what part of me you see !!!!

New Poster

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

I am a relatively new comcast customer.  I love their service so far.  I however was very disappointed after ordering the roku (which I bought just for hbogo ) to find out it does not work with comcast.  Wow does support the roku.  I may be switching back.  Hear our voices comcast.

Regular Contributor

• 

100 Messages

11 years ago

Almost everyone except comcast and directv allow Roku activation. It's nothing technical or contractual, after agreeing to activate on any device there is no additional charge to add other platforms. Comcast is just being stuburn.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

Yes, Apple TV supports Comcast Xfiniti HBO Go... The app was updated on iOS for Air Play

Regular Contributor

• 

100 Messages

11 years ago

The Sony is Android based which has been allowed by Comcast, but I am sure that if they could distinguish between GoogleTV Android and Tablit/Phone Android they would black list it also.

New Poster

• 

7 Messages

11 years ago

yes, yes, yes & yes

New Poster

• 

7 Messages

11 years ago

that article is a year and a half old. obviously comcast lied

Contributor

• 

51 Messages

11 years ago

Yes, you can use an Apple TV to watch HBOgo, but only if you have also invested in other current model Apple gear that support Airplay or mirroring. That's a big investment in gear if all you're interested in is HBOgo, so not really a solution other than for committed Apple addicts. I have all the gear, but would still prefer to access HBOgo through my Roku ... so much more convenient and elegant a solution.

Contributor

• 

51 Messages

11 years ago

Ok, you need the 3rd generation AppleTV (make sure the firmware is up to date) and an iPad or iPhone running OS6 (not sure about OS5) or a fairly current generation Mac that includes mirroring and/or airplay capability. If you have the right stuff, then it's easy. Turn on your AppleTV, go to HBOgo on your device, choose your show, click to play and after it loads you'll see the little airplay icon; click it and choose AppleTV on the little dropdown menu and you're good to go ... the show you've chosen will play on AppleTV.  

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

Does this actually work for you?  I get the message "HBOgo does not currently support HDMI output for this device ... 

I have Apple TV 3 with current software update and IPad 2 with IOs 6.1

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here