sandyandy's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, November 1st, 2011 10:00 AM

Closed

ROKU, HBO GO

I have HBO GO on the computer and on my iPad.  I really want it on Roku, too.  Any chance of that???

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

12 years ago

Thanks for the reply. I am also considering a swap to FIOS since it will work with that

Contributor

• 

29 Messages

12 years ago

Me, too.

Frequent Visitor

• 

5 Messages

12 years ago

Just to add my voice...  I wrote Comcast directly, left them messages, chatted with them, etc all in vain.  They all said they endeavor to make their service valuable blah blah but in the end they're not enabling the service. 

I have therefore canceled my HBO subscription.  Sorry, but without HBO Go access its just not worth the ridiculous $19.95 per month they want from me.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

yes i to am and was dissappointed after constantly paying $157.00 and i then did the math per month $40 for att.net $8 for netflix , $1.66 for magicjack $1.00 for redbox, not bad well it gets better.free crackle, free hulu, free popcorn flix,cnn,fox,and so much more for free i have 1 t.v. that has cable and it is soon going bye,bye giving me a savings of $110.00 per month which will pay for a dvr and a dvd recorder wifi ready and i own it all i have had the comcast packages for over 4 years so i figure over the next 4yrs i`ll save $5280 and replace all my t.v.`s with wifi and computer built in and the nolonger have any need for comcast.

Contributor

• 

42 Messages

12 years ago

Just got a killer deal on a Logitech Revue with Google TV and how interesting to see HBO Go supported by Comcast?  It's pretty much running just like PC Browser version and not quite a good as you get on the ROKU but it's still a connected to TV device.  Logitech is dumping these because their CEO decided to get out of the Google TV category and I picked one up for $80, very cool but not as enabled as the ROKU.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

ADD ROKU Support for HBOgo or I am leaving!

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

Me, too. I see that users have been asking for Roku support since 2008. Come on, Xfinity. Don't be so lame!

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

I would like to add my vote for Xfinity to support Roku devices. How hard can it be? Do you think anyone is checking this board?

New Poster

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

I have had it with Xfinity. So, after reading your posts I choose to go to the

link provided & let them know how I feel. This is what I wrote.. Short, yet sweet..

I have HBO via xfinity. I see ads on my HBO channels to add HBOGO using my Roku all the time but, when I try to add my Roku, Xfinity is NOT one of the providers that support Roku. I pay for my HBO subscription.
I do not understand why other companies are adding way to use other devices besides a TV with a box from a cable company yet, Xfinity has yet to follow through with this promise. I will GLADLY switch to another provider since that is VERY possible with Verizon & other Dish networks as well.
There is a reason you are loosing customers. We pay for service & we expect it. If you can't keep up with our requests then you SHOULD have a disclaimer listed on the advertisements on HBO when they show the Roku box as a way to get HBOGO.
signed,
One of many very unhappy paying subscribers that have HAD IT!

Sure I could have posted a very long letter letting them know of all the times they have NOT

provided the best customer service or better yet, any service. I decided to keep it short for now
I think when we "DROP" Xfinity as a cable provider then we will speak in volumes. I will NOT

like a slower running internet so that alone may take us a while to finally pull the plug.

Regardless, I will NOT watch tv via my laptop. That is just crazy! I'll find other ways to watch HBO.

I just hope SOMEONE gets through to them.. What a shame they care more about the $ then they do their customers that provide the $. They, my friends are NO different then plenty of other companies out there & what a shame that is.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

So, you support HBO Go on computers, iPad, iPhone, and other mobile devices, but not for Roku? HBO Go offers high-definition streams and I have to watch that on a smallish laptop screen or tinsy mobile device. Ridiculous! I know I could hook my laptop up to my TV to watch it - that's a huge waste though. The HBO Go channel is already created, all you have to do is authenticate our subscriptions. There are already reports out that there is NO contractual reason you can't do this - no extra money out of your pockets.

How about just a tiny bit of customer service for the $100+ bucks we all shell out each month for your very, very overpriced services?

Regular Contributor

• 

100 Messages

12 years ago

Directv is the only other subscription tv company blocking roku. Of course I have both.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

It would seem the folks at Comcast are not interested in changing their mind. Smiley Sad My guess is somebody at Comcast has something personal with somebody at Roku.  No other answer makes sense.  Did somebody at Roku step on someone's toe at Comcast? No other explanation makes sense, especially given that I can stream HBO Go to my desktop and not to my Roku.

The silent treatment towards the issue from Comcast reinforces my theory.  I would challenge the folks at Comcast to lay it out on the table.  What issue does Comcast have with Roku when it comes to HBO Go?

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

I would like to request that Comcast support Roku players and HBO Go programming.

Contributor

• 

42 Messages

12 years ago

I also called and it sounds like they are starting to get a little upset 🙂

The important question to bring up is why do they allow me to authorize HBO GO on my Android Smartphone and PC Desktop and NOT the Roku???

It's obvious that it's a connected to TV device and that bugs them!  Also keep in mind that it's an absolute "no-brainer" for them to turn the capability on for the Roku and doesn't require any new contracts or such from HBO. 

Regular Contributor

• 

100 Messages

12 years ago

I got pretty much the same thing in an email responce, and they went on about XBOX which I do not have. They do not have to do anything out of there way to allow the roku to be accepted.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here