U

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Friday, July 7th, 2023 2:59 AM

Closed

Rewind/pause live tv on Xfinity stream

How can you rewind and pause live tv on Xfinity Stream? I have the stream app on a fire tv. 

Official Employee

• 

962 Messages

1 year ago

@user_a544dd The fast-forward, pause and rewind features, are not available with Xfinity Stream at this time. 

1 Message

@XfinityShawn​ This is a bit insane, especially for cusotmers who pay thru the nose for comcast.  What is so frustrating is if I had your wireless boxes i could do it. but I cant use your wireless boxes withtout also using your wifi hardware. So for someone like me that likes buying his own hardware, you make it harder. I would own your own hardware, if you allowed more flexibilty with your routers such as a VPN client to be installed for security, or my own hardware like a raspberry pi for web filtering/ad blocking/content filtering.  Some of us do like to use our own products and control our own security without giving up all of our data to you.  

Official Employee

• 

2.2K Messages

Thank you for your feedback, @NKDB. I totally understand wanting to control the security yourself. We are always listening to feedback while continuing to update our services to support owned modems with our different products and features. This link is the X1 TV Box FAQs that goes over the current modem requirements. 

What are the requirements to have an X1 Wireless TV Box?
To have an X1 Wireless TV Box in your home, you'll need Xfinity TV service, at least one additional X1 TV Box to act as the primary X1 device on your account, and Xfinity Internet with an eligible leased Wireless Gateway with RDK-B or customer-owned approved cable modem/gateway (if you have upgraded from Xfinity Flex) to stream video over the X1 Wireless TV Box WiFi connection.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

1 year ago

Is there a way to upvote this? Other streaming providers such as Hulu Live TV and DirecTV Stream have supported this feature for as long as I remember.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

1 year ago

This should be a priority to keep up with the competition. Testing FUBO now and will probably switch. 

1 Message

11 months ago

I'm a long time Xfinity customer.  I'm replacing TV boxes with Fire Sticks, and would also like to be able to pause/rewind/fast forward.  Does anyone have an idea when this will be possible?  Can it be done with any devices other than Fire Sticks?

1 Message

I am doing the same.  I need to know also. 

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

Hi there, @user_0ntc2z, and @user_qrj56x! Thank you for your feedback and for being valued by Xfinity Forums community members. While rewinding and pausing live TV using the Xfinity Stream app isn't available at this time, your feedback is appreciated. You can learn more and get started with the Xfinity Stream app here

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

11 months ago

Xfinity please help us with the above issue!!!!!!

Official Employee

• 

912 Messages

@user_a544dd, we appreciate you using the Community Forum to address this particular concern. One thing we are constantly doing is looking for ways to improve services experiences overall, and this could definitely aid in that direction. I like to recommend that customers leave great feedback ideas such as this on our website so that we can get the proper attention for them. You can do so going to our Send Feedback page.

1 Message

Xfinity does not care that you want this. This technology has been around for over a decade. They are trying to get us all to pay extra to use their hardware. As if we don’t already pay way too much just for the cable service and internet. 

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Thank you for the feedback @user_0vj7lu. That option may be added in the future on the free stream app. Feel free to reach out to our team here if you have any questions or concerns on your account or service. 

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

10 months ago

A workaround is to set the show to record on the cloud dvr and then start watching the recording, which you can do shortly after the recording starts (you don't need to wait for the recording to finish).  With that, you can pause and rewind).  It will slightly increase the "lag" between what you are watching and watching it live, so be careful about checking your phone when watching live sports.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here