U

Monday, May 27th, 2024 11:56 PM

Recordings List Bug

After updating the Xfinity app two days ago, over in the Strem app only recordings within the last 24 hours are displayed. Happ  On both iPhone and iPad. Listing on my TVs  is OK. Is there a solution or is this a new bug?

Official Employee

• 

756 Messages

3 months ago

user_enhvse Can you please send us a DM. You can start by clicking the chat icon located in the top right corner of your forums' page when signed in. Once there, you can direct your messages to "Xfinity Support." Please add your full name and service address to help us locate your account. Let me know if you have any questions. 

4 Messages

@XfinityBrianH​ First you need to tell me what is meant by "DM"..... 

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

user_enhvse Great question! DM stands for Direct Message.

If you are still experiencing an issue where only recordings within the last 24 hours are displayed on the Xfinity Stream app after updating, this could be a bug and the following steps should help. If the issue continues please send us a direct message using the steps that Brian provided. Thank you 

To resolve this issue, you can try the following steps:

1. Clear the cache in your web browser settings.
  2. Close the app and wait for two minutes.
  3. Reopen the app and try playing the recording again.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

4 Messages

Did those things before I posted the original note. I should clarify that this isn't just one device. In my home, there are three iPhones and five iPads. All of them are showing the same bug. I have checked with a couple of friends who are also Xfinity Stream app users and they also are only seeing 24 hours on the iOS devices. In all cases, the entire list of recordings displays on the televisions. 

P.S. On iOS devices, there is no clear cache option. One can "Clear History and Website Data" which is similar. 

P.P.S. I think your suggestion is good for someone using a browser app. Your Stream app is not a browser as far as I know.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

2.3K Messages

@user_enhvse I am just checking in, are you still having the same issue on your app?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

4 Messages

Affirmative. Other than the app only displaying the last 24 hours of recordings, all other features and options work as advertised. For me, the problem is that I watch recordings late at night on an iPad to keep noise down....most things I watch are not available because they are not displayed. Definitely a bug of some kind.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here