U

Wednesday, July 10th, 2024 3:54 PM

Recording Conflict - clarification please

I have Now TV accessed through a Xumo Streaming Box. According to the documentation, there is a 20 hour maximum storage limit. But even though I am well within that limit, sometimes I get “Recording Conflict” alert messages that say I’ve exceeded the maximum number of recordings. That maximum number appears to be 2, BUT it also seems to be dependent on the time of day. For example, if I try to record 2 shows at 9:00, no problem. If I try to add a third show at 9:00, I get the Recording Conflict alert. But if I have 2 shows set to record at 9:00 and then add a third show at 10:00, it works. I haven’t gone through the process of experimenting to find out how many recordings are allowed across different times, so I’d like to know what the official rules are for this. So what are the restrictions/rules for recording multiple shows across different times of day? For example, can I schedule to record 4,5,6, etc. shows as long as they are at different times of day? Or 2 at one time of day, 2 at another time of day, etc. to the maximum whatever that is?

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

2 months ago

Hello, @user_gbgehx! Thank you for posting your questions about recordings through NOW TV on one of our Xumo Stream TV Boxes. As you'll see in these Xumo Stream Box from Xfinity FAQs, "Xumo Stream Box does not offer DVR capability. However, if you’re a NOW TV customer with a Xumo Stream Box, you can view DVR content through the Xfinity Stream app on your streaming box." It sounds like you're asking about using DVR service/setting recordings on this equipment, which is not currently available. If you've had some success in trying to use this particular TV Box to schedule DVR recordings, it's unclear to me how since you shouldn't have that capability, but I appreciate you reaching out to ask! The Xumo Stream Box should only be used to view recorded content at this time. Please let me know if this helps!

2 Messages

Thank you for your help Sara! But no, I am not asking about DVR capability on the Xumo Stream Box. I know the box doesn't have the capability to store content locally, like traditional DVR service. Now TV via the Xumo Stream Box does have the capability to record programs to the cloud, up to 20 hours. I do it almost daily. My question was about the specific rules for how you can use that 20 hours. Here's the question again:

"According to the documentation, there is a 20 hour maximum storage limit. But even though I am well within that limit, sometimes I get “Recording Conflict” alert messages that say I’ve exceeded the maximum number of recordings. That maximum number appears to be 2, BUT it also seems to be dependent on the time of day. For example, if I try to record 2 shows at 9:00, no problem. If I try to add a third show at 9:00, I get the Recording Conflict alert. But if I have 2 shows set to record at 9:00 and then add a third show at 10:00, it works. I haven’t gone through the process of experimenting to find out how many recordings are allowed across different times, so I’d like to know what the official rules are for this. So what are the restrictions/rules for recording multiple shows across different times of day? For example, can I schedule to record 4,5,6, etc. shows as long as they are at different times of day? Or 2 at one time of day, 2 at another time of day, etc. to the maximum whatever that is?"

Ed

Official Employee

• 

2K Messages

user_gbgehx Thank you for clarifying. Right now you are allowed to have two concurrent recordings. for example, if a show is recording at 9 and the recording doesnt end until 10 or 10:01, you can change that and set it to end a minute early, if you set the 3rd to start at 10:01 or the 2nd to end at 9:59, the next show should be able to record. 

Does that help? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here