U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Monday, July 24th, 2023 9:58 PM

Closed

Problem with Casting Stream

I've been casting using xfinity Stream on my Samsung / Android phone direct to a Vizio TV for a few years now.  Recently (past week), I am unable to get Stream app to cast (same problem across two different phones and a tablet).  The app loads and I can watch programs, but when I try to cast it connects to the TV, shows the program trying to load on the TV, and then just hangs.  Interestingly, I've streamed using a different app (NESN) and have had no issues casting to the same TV, so it appears the problem is with xfinity because everything else is the same.  Any thoughts would be appreciated.  

Official Employee

• 

46 Messages

1 year ago

@user_91b8a6 Thanks for letting us know about the casting troubles. We do only allow for casting on supported Chromecast devices. We have a list if supported Stream devices here additionally, we have more info on supported casting devices here. Does your Vizio tv have built in Chromecast?

Visitor

• 

10 Messages

1 year ago

Same problem here.  Casting to a Chromecast device only shows the preview thumbnail of the show, and neverending 3 animated dots.  Worked fine up until about two weeks ago.  4 different Chromecast devices, including a new one just purchased.  All with up-to-date firmware.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here