U

Wednesday, September 27th, 2023 3:36 PM

Closed

Playback screen size reduced

I use Xfinity stream on Apple TVOS.  Watching live television, I am able to fully view the stream on my television.  Issue:  when viewing a recording, the playback reduces the size to 3/4 of my screen size with black margin around.  I attempted to go into setting to see if there is a ratio aspect setting, but was not able to locate this in the TVOS setting.  Please help!

Official Employee

• 

2.4K Messages

1 year ago

Thank you for reaching out @user_1c6c66 I am sorry to hear you are getting the margins when you are viewing a recording. Have you reached out to the manufacture of the device for additional assistance with settings? 

2 Messages

Issue isn't with the television.  Issue occurs only during playback of recorded items utilizing the infinity TVOS app on Apple TV.

Visitor

• 

13 Messages

I have the same issue using an LG smart tv

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

Hi, @user_1c6c66! Thanks for taking the time to visit our forums page for help with the playback display ratio. I actually experienced a similar issue when recording football games by my favorite team. I noticed since I had them scheduled, it recorded my favorite team that was playing only on a channel broadcasting in standard definition since it was the only channel the game was on at that time. Are you noticing this issue on all recordings or just certain ones?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here