U

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, July 14th, 2021 11:53 AM

Closed

"Playback issue 1001" "Error 4"

Hello Community-

Recently I have been getting Playback Issue 1001 (error 4) when I try and stream TVGO channels fron the Xfinity Firestick app.  I Have reset the Firestic an reinstalled the app.  No Luck.  It was working beautifuly!  And now....phrappp.

There is zero on the web about this error!

Problem Solver

• 

892 Messages

3 years ago

Hello @user_a572bb! Thank you so much for reaching out to us here via our Forums platform. I hope this finds you well. Can you let us know exactly which channels you are experiencing issues with? Also to confirm, this is not the Xfinity Flex box right, but an Amazon Firestick? 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@ComcastSelena Hi Selina.  I am getting the error on both of my Amazon Firesticks on all channels/all services on the Firestick App..  Both are the Newest Firesticks - 4k.  I Have reset the firestick and redownloaded the app.  WHat is odd is that it was working pwerfect for more than 60 days...

Problem Solver

• 

892 Messages

I can help you troubleshoot your modem to see if this helps, however, it sounds like you may have to reach out to Amazon for support with the Firestick. 

For help with your internet, please send us a direct message so we can begin. Here's the detailed steps to direct message us: 

• Click "Sign In" if necessary
 • Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon (upper right corner of this page)
 • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
 • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
 • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
 • Press Enter to send your message

Thank you!

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

3 years ago

I also have gotten the same error twice within the last month on all my Firesticks.  Eventually, only the TV-GO channels will connect, but it takes a long time (30-60 seconds).  When in this state, I also get a similar error when trying to select channels with a Chromebook.  All other apps (Netflix, Amazon Prime, etc.) on the Firestick work fine.  Both times, the only way I was able to resolve this was by rebooting the Xfinity gateway.  The Xfinity Stream app version on the Firestick is 6.9.0.016.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

I have the same issue 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Same issue twice. Today and last month now also, happens with on demand 

Problem Solver

• 

1.3K Messages

@user_79ff23 Sorry to hear about that! Let's also take a closer look at the account. Please send us a private message by selecting the chat icon in the top right-hand corner. Then search for Xfinity Support. We'll be there to help. 

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I am having the same issue as well. Worked fine for months then out of no where no channels will work.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I am getting the same error on my phone, I get a completely different error when using my desktop. Comcast, get your stuff together!!! I do not pay close to $250 a month for your services not to work!!!!!!!!

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Hello @user_82f43f, thank you for taking the time to reach out to us for help with your Xfinity Streaming app. We will be glad to take a look at this in more detail. Please send us a direct chat message with your full name and complete service address to "Xfinity Support". To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page. 

Here are the detailed steps to direct message us: 

Click "Sign In" if necessary

Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon (upper right corner of this page)

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send your message

Let me know if you have any questions.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

3 years ago

Getting the same error again today on all the Firesticks.

As mentioned earlier (FWIW), if the channel selected on the Firestick has a "TV GO" equivalent, it will connect to it after 30-60 seconds. 

When trying to access via a Chromebook, I get a "Attempting to Resume" message, followed by a "This video cannot be played" error.  Clicking on the "diagnostics" button does nothing.

Again, rebooting the Xfinity gateway corrects the issue. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here