user1724's profile

Contributor

• 

150 Messages

Saturday, July 30th, 2022 12:24 AM

Closed

No way to remove an old series from the recording list

On the DVR you can look at the series recording list and remove an old canceled series.  With the Stream app the there is no way to delete a series unless you see an episode.  So an old canceled series just stays in the list forever.  You cannot even see the complete series list on the Apple TV.  That seems to be the one function missing in the app compared to the DVR interface.  Maybe it does not matter, but it would seem inefficient to always be looking to record something that you know is not there.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

2 years ago

Hello @user1724! Thanks so much for taking a moment out of your day to leave a post on our community forum. I'm sorry to hear that having trouble managing your recordings. Here is a link on how to navigate your recordings along with editing them as well:

https://comca.st/3vsLSoB

Please let me know if that is helpful, I'm always happy to help.

(edited)

Contributor

• 

150 Messages

@XfinityChelseaB​ 

A helpful very informative link for using the Stream App, but it does not address the issue I posted about.  There is no place to see every series set to record, you can only see the ones that have a currently scheduled episode.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

2 years ago

@user1724, Shoot I was hoping that would help. No worries! We will get to the bottom of this. I'm currently looking at my Xfinity Stream App, and if you click on the list drop down and click on scheduled. Does that show you what your looking for?

Contributor

• 

150 Messages

@XfinityChelseaB​ 

I think you are missing my point.  If there are no scheduled episodes, you cannot find it on the scheduled list.  In my first post, the example, a canceled series has no more episodes so stays on your list forever, because the complete list is not visible in the app.  You need a dvr to see and delete from the list.  It is a missing feature from the app that is on the dvr.

Official Employee

• 

292 Messages

@user1724, thank you so much for that information. We deeply appreciate the feedback regarding the Stream app and the feature that is missing from the app. Now, you did mention Apple TV, since the app is still technically in beta with Apple TV some functionality is missing at this time, but it is being worked on to correct this and get full functionality released on that platform. Do you have the same issue on the Xfinity Stream website or other devices with the Stream app on it? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

150 Messages

@XfinityNicki​ 

Same on the iPad, but you can see that as well.

Not a big deal, just a missing function in the stream app that really affects Xfinity more than me.  Just leaves old series out there in the list . . . a list you cannot see without the DVR.

Contributor

• 

150 Messages

@XfinityNicki​ 

Let me just add that I really do like the Apple TV Stream App.  I have four Apple TVs and I am using the Xfinity Stream app on all four.  I like it so much that I have returned all of my Xfinity boxes, including the DVR.  I have the Apple TV for all streaming services and now for Xfinity TV as well.

So great app . . . I am just pointing out one missing feature.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here