JosephOfNazareth's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

28 Messages

Wednesday, November 16th, 2022 4:18 PM

Closed

No Video While Playing Through xfinity.com/stream

While accessing xfinity.com/stream from my 500+ MB home network on my 16" MacBook Pro w/ 64 GB RAM running macOS 13.0.1, Safari 16.1 and Chrome 107.0.5304.110, there is no video stream, only audio.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Official Employee

• 

842 Messages

1 year ago

Have you tried to clear your cache and cookies and then reload the xfinity.com page to get to the Xfinity Stream? 

Frequent Visitor

• 

28 Messages

@XfinityKimberlyB​ Multiple times, in both browsers.  Quit and reopened browsers multiple times.  Rebooted macOS multiple times.  Disconnected all external monitors.  Problem still persists.  Nothing jumped out at my viewing Crash Reports, not viewing behavior with Activity Monitor.  I can't remember exactly when this started happening the end of last week sometime, but I do recall updating from macOS 13.0 to 13.0.1.  That would be where I would start looking first.

Problem Solver

• 

528 Messages

Thank you for sharing that information with us. Have you tried logging in to Xfinity Stream on a different device? 

I no longer work for Comcast.

Frequent Visitor

• 

28 Messages

@XfinityCrystal​ Yes, without issue on an MacBook Air 6,1 (Mid 2013) 8 GB RAM, macOS 10.15.7m, Safari 15.6.1.

In Apple's release notes for 13.0.1, updates to libxml2 were made, the only 2 mods documented.  Not sure if xfinity.com/stream interfaces with that library or not, but perhaps the mods to libxml2 broke xfinity.com/stream?

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT213504

Frequent Visitor

• 

28 Messages

@XfinityCrystal​ , Attached is the Chrome window on my screen.

Frequent Visitor

• 

28 Messages

@XfinityCrystal​ Attached is a screenshot of the Safari web inspector errors pane.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here