U

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, February 17th, 2022 7:46 AM

Closed

Need to delete purchased movie

I spent about 4 1/2 hours on the phone and chat today with customer service trying to get them to delete a purchased movie in my account. It was purchased five years ago and I didn’t even realize it was still in my account. It is inappropriate for children and others in the household, and it really needs to be deleted, as there is no way to prevent anyone holding the remote control from clicking on the purchases tab and watching it.  I was passed from agent to agent and from tier 1 to tier 2 customer service, and after the 4 1/2 hours was finally told who wait for a call from the escalation department tomorrow. I am exhausted and if this movie cannot be deleted I have no other option than to cancel my account.  Then if I can’t start again with a fresh account that no longer has this movie on it I will unfortunately  have to do without TV services from Comcast.  This would be doable since I have streaming services but I would miss my local tv stations.  I do not currently have an Xfinity cable box, and I’m using the streaming app on Amazon fire TV. Someone please help me solve this issue as I do not have a lot of faith that after 4 1/2 hours today somebody will be able to solve the issue for me tomorrow.

Accepted Solution

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Update:  someone from corporate escalations did end up contacting me yesterday, and when I checked first thing this morning my purchased movie had been deleted. Moral of the story is if you have this problem go immediately to corporate escalations, because the rank and file customer service people CANNOT solve it for you, but for some reason are unaware that they cannot solve it, or unwilling to quickly escalate the issue. The person at corporate escalations was very helpful and she said she sent it to software and engineering, where a coder/programmer had to delete it.  As far as getting a hold of corporate escalations, you could try banging your head for 4 1/2 hours with regular customer service first, or if you Google “Comcast complaints.” One of the top results is a page called “Send Tom Feedback”.  “Tom” being the current executive vice president for customer service/relations.  Someone will contact you back and only then will you be able to get this particular problem solved. However, as I suggested to the corporate escalations person I spoke with, a feature should be added to the Xfinity interface, and streaming app, to allow people to delete their own purchases. It was explained to me that you may only delete a purchase if you haven’t watched it yet, for a refund.  I was told they don’t want people deleting movies they have already watched and then trying to get refunds for them. It is my suggestion that you simply have one button for deleting for a refund prior to watching, and another one allowing you to delete after you have already watched the movie. It could be made clear on the interface that you will not receive a refund for this. Even if the button simply sent a message to software and engineering to allow them to delete it, it would be better than the frustrating experience I went through.

Official Employee

• 

6.9K Messages

Thank you for sharing, @user_426b44. I'm sorry that you had to go through all of that before you were able to get a resolution to your issue. However, I'm happy that you were able to find someone who was able to quickly get the job done. Feel free to reach out in the future if there's anyway we can help. Thanks! 

I no longer work for Comcast.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here