U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Monday, February 13th, 2023 12:00 AM

Closed

Must connect to Home WiFi

I am an xfinity cable customer and a corporate WiFi user. Up until 5 days ago I never had a problem watching tv via streaming. Now I get must connect to home-WiFi messages for live tv and all on demand viewing. Hello… I am at home trying to watch. I can’t help that the internet is paid via my company. When I call xfinity service it always acknowledged that I am a corporate account so why is that screwing my my access now? 

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Problem Solver

• 

954 Messages

2 years ago

Hello @user_9a59f6. I am sad to hear you are having issues with our Xfinity stream app steaming at home. It has been a couple of days. Are you still having issues, or were you able to get this resolved? 

Visitor

• 

12 Messages

2 years ago

I just activated a new modem via the Xfinity app. Was an easy process and I was back up and working in less than 15 minutes. No other equipment changed, but I had this same error message while trying to view on my home wifi. I was able to view my modem in the app with the proper MAC address, but it still didn't think I was on my home network. 

After signing in/out, rebooting the modem and wifi router 10x, etc. the support team bumped it up the chain and they determined that my cable box needed to be re-synced to the modem in order for the network to fully "refresh" and recognize the new modem as my "home network". Whatever they did, that finally worked.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here