U

Tuesday, September 10th, 2024 12:29 PM

msnbc not streaming

Why is MSNBC LIVE  not allowed to stream on my Roku? I tried several times to login to XFINITY (both via my phone and the web).

I got a successful connection (according to the web) but when I went back to the ROKU it says "TV Provider does not provide access".

What is going on? I've been an XFINITY customer for YEARS now and I've never had an outage like this.

PLEASE FIX!!

C

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

24 days ago

@user_4cf7ip Hi there! Thanks for reaching out to us for help with streaming MSNBC live on your roku. I'm sorry that you are seeing that error when trying to access the programming. I know it's a huge convenience to be able to stream networks when you want to watch them. 

I am not showing that we are listed through the MSNBC app, but I am showing that you can stream MSNBC through the Xfinity stream app which is available on many Roku devices and through peacock. Which if you are a Platinum or Diamond tier Xfinity Rewards member you would receive a free subscription to peacock premium! 

Are you accessing the MSNBC app on the roku device or using another app to stream the programming? 

2 Messages

@XfinityPaula​ I have been accessing MSNBC via the ROKU app for a few years now, only last week did it stop working for me. When I login using "XFINITY" (it is listed as one of the providers) by entering my credentials on my phone I get a messages saying "you're streaming" but then I get a message on the Roku saying that "the provider is not listed".

It appears to be a Roku versioning issue; I encountered this on my Westinghouse ROKU TV but not my Roku streaming stick. I'll try to experiment some more and

get back to this posting whenI find out anything.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

@user_4cf7ip Thank you for testing the streaming sticks and sharing those findings with us. I also was not seeing Xfinity listed when I tested on a similar Roku device. Are you able to delete the MSNBC app on the Roku TV and reinstall it to test? 

Thanks for keeping us updated! 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

19 days ago

I have Sling for the TV and have been accessing MSNBC Live with no issues until last few days. I now have multiple voice streams when opening MSNBC news programs like Rachel MAddow and Stephanie Rhule. 

With my computer, I access the MSNBC Live url and then choose it and then try and sign in. Issue is when signing in, I get "Something Went Wrong" over and over. I sign out and x out of the url and then go back in and the same thing happens.

What is happening and how can it be fixed, please? Thank you!

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Hello, @user_hclfmz I'm sorry that you are seeing that error when trying to access the programming. Have you tried clearing out the cache and cookies on both your Sling TV and your computer? If not, you can do this on your Sling TV by navigating to the Settings menu on your TV and selecting the app you want to clear:
Go to the Settings menu on your TV
Navigate to the Apps or Application Manager section
Select the app you want to clear the cache for
Look for an option that says Clear Cache and select it.

Please let me know if the issue persist after completing this troubleshooting step.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here