U

Sunday, October 1st, 2023 11:16 PM

Closed

Moved to Flex now Xfinity Stream apps no longer recognize being on my home network

I have a tech support case open for this but been through pretty much all the reset modem/ uninstall/ reinstall app steps. Still not working.

I have Apple TV (the box) and two Roku streaming devices. All have the Stream app installed and when I had regular Comcast TV they worked fine on my home Network.

Since upgrading both platforms fail to recognize I'm on my home network and I can't access my channels. I was able to use both apps before but not since the upgrade to Now TV.  

According to Comcast this should work fine with the service I have. I can access streaming TV from my computer or a flex box.

Any ideas? I checked my Modem and it is in the system with the correct Mac address....it worked OK before anyway.

1 Message

1 year ago

So I finally found out today that Now TV via Xfinity Stream App is not supported on Roku or Apple TV.

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

Hey @user_no4xn1, and thanks for reaching out with your concern. This link is an overview of Now TV, and how to use it with our most recent information https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/now-tv-overview. Although there are devices that the app won't support the streaming app with the ability to use Now TV, there are some that will. When and how did you come across your information that you have to use a Flex device?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

1 year ago

Hello @user_nwrgtz, thanks for reaching out for help with the Xfinity Stream App. Our team will be glad to take a look at your ticket in more detail. To get started, please use the chat icon in the upper right to enter Direct Messaging and send us a message with your full name and full address.

Here are the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "direct messaging" icon (upper right corner of this page)

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message

Please let me know if you have any questions or run into any problems. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here