Mini guide missing

My mini guide is missing on my Samsung tv

Official Solution

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

All,

It would seem, in Xfinity's infinite  wisdom, they have decided that the mini guide would be removed with TV's with less than 2G of memory to improve performance.  That explains why my Q80T TV still has it ( it has approx 3 gig of memory ) and my other Samsung TV ( UN50U710D ) has less that 1 gig and has no mini guide. I'm not sure why this just happened a few weeks ago and not in April when it was released as my TV's update apps automatically. BTW Xfinity, the performance is no better.  Also Xfinity, you need to add this to your knowledge base as this is directly from one of your other threads.  This would save a lot of user frustrations as the answer in this thread could have been provided sooner.  Also Xfinity, the days of renting your boxes are slowly coming to an end as streaming is the future (IMO).  You need to concentrate on making the streaming app like the "cable box" experience.  So far it lacks the polish and efficiency of other streaming video apps.  The mini guide made the streaming app usable, but now......

To close, I've been an Xfinity customer for over 40 years, but I get closer and closer every day to "cutting the cord".  This is just one more nail in the coffin.

https://forums.xfinity.com/conversations/x1/missing-mini-guide/62db365d6f170a2f7efb365b?commentId=62dddb1c6a3f856065f6d062&replyId=62de6d416f170a2f7efb5a2e 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@user_cd622f​ 

I am also close to cutting the cord. Xfinity is no longer user friendly and without warning my experience has been disregarded as not important. 

This will be fixed shortly, or I will have no choice but to move on. No mini guide makes it very cumbersome to use their products effectively. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

My mini guide is also missing from my Samsung TV. It was there yesterday

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

My mini guide on all of my Samsung tvs is missing the mini guide too.  And whenever you go back to 'live tv' which is the channel lineup guide, it always resets to channel 2, instead of staying on the channel you were just on.  It was working pretty great before the update, but now so sluggish!

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

@rupaul129 - Oh no! This is not the experience we want for anyone. Have you tried using the Xfinity My Account app to troubleshoot your mini guide? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

That doesn’t fix the problem 

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

I have 3 Samsung TV’s and only the QLED TV still has the mini guide. The other 2 TV’ are a Series 6 and 7. The mini guide was there a few days ago

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

2 years ago

Mini guide on both Samsung tvs went out yesterday. Can’t change channels. 

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

2 years ago

@user_a9a8d3, Thank you for reaching out with your concerns about the mini guide missing. Let us know if you are still having issues so that we can run through some troubleshooting steps.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

@XfinityAngie​ 

what troubleshooting is required. I’ve uninstalled and re installed with no luck

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

@XfinityAngie​ 

Mini guide on Samsung still missing. When will you be correcting the issue?

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

@XfinityAngie​ Not only do we not have the mini guide (for 3 days now) but each morning we have to delete the xfinity stream app and reinstall it otherwise we get no cable.

Official Employee

• 

232 Messages

@user_cd622f That is great troubleshooting! An uninstall and reinstall will fix most issues. Let's try some account-specific troubleshooting now. 

Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address?
To send a "Direct Message" to Xfinity Support:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
Click the "Direct Messaging" icon
Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there
 - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list
 - An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
Press Enter to send it

I no longer work for Comcast.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

342 Messages

@user_1787b3 Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? Our team can most definitely take a further look at this issue.

Click the "Direct Messaging" icon or https://comca.st/3EqVMu7

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

Press Enter to send it

See https://comca.st/3KQF8q9 for an example.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

The problem is still occurring on my Series 6 and 7 Samsung TV’s. It is not occurring on my QLED Q80

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

Any help from xfinity?

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

@user_9f584f​ Nope. Had a long phone call with a very pleasant representative, but not only is our mini guide still unavailable, each morning I have to delete the stream app and reinstall it or we have no cable TV at all.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Thanks for the response, I have had nothing but issues for months with internet, now the TV. 

Problem Solver

• 

519 Messages

Hey, @user_9f584f I replied to your peer to peer message. Please reply to the message when you have a moment. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Mini guide still missing from my Samsung… seems to have been a problem on LG  tvs several months ago so someone from Xfinity  should be able to post how to repair… anyone out there???

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

2 years ago

My mini guide is also missing on my Samsung, as well as the guide going back or 2. Can you please help us? This seems like a continuous problem.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

The mini guide is still missing on my Samsung TV. Direct Messaging reached out to me on Saturday - so they think we just sit and wait for contact? 

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

2 years ago

My Mini guide is gone on my Samsung 

Problem Solver

• 

322 Messages

@user_5217a3 Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app? We can also attempt some additional troubleshooting with you. Would you please send a direct message with your name and complete service address?

Click the "Direct Messaging" icon or https://comca.st/3EqVMu7

Press Enter to send it

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

You guys at xfinity just don’t know what to do.   Very sad in this high tech atmosphere and you guys can’t breath

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

2 years ago

Mini guide is an issue with Samsung apparently. I understand it was previously a problem with LG TVs. Since they had an experience with this with another manufacturer, you'd think they'd have some idea how to deal with this. Or, this is their way to get people to pay extra to have a box. Either way, this is really poor behavior and adds to the sour taste in my mouth over making the switch to them. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@user_1787b3​ I solved it myself… I got a Roku box and my mini guide is back.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Why in this day and age you guys can’t figure this out.  

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

2 years ago

My Mini guide is STILL MISSING 

Problem Solver

• 

528 Messages

Hello! Please send me a private message with your full name and full address. I can most definitely take a further look at this issue. To send a private message, please click the chat icon next to the bell in the upper right corner. Click the “notepad and pen” button. Send the full message to our shared support handle “Xfinity Support”.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here